Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to organize and tag classical music
09-05-2016, 19:57
RE: How to organize and tag classical music
Just my 2 cents but following DavidHB's suggestion and Simon's schema I reserve artist(s) and albumartist for what is commonly called "popular" music and I am using composer, orchestra, conductor and performer(s) for my "classical" branch, said branch not containing any entries for artist or albumartist. I can find things quickly and the results look great in the various control points I use. Simon's tag formatting feature even lets me lets me work around Kodi's minimally implemented UPNP support.

Just my 3 cents worth but for now I'm not using the group feature, every work is it's own album. Since I am educating myself about classical music I like having different artists interpretations of the same work list next to each other.

Just my 4 cents worth but if you can't leave well enough alone like me, Mp3Tag may be the way to go; serious batch processing and powerful macros. You can change thousands of tags at once. I had thousands of tracks with year tags like 1989;1989 and no consistent implementation of album artist vs. albumartist. Mp3Tag cleaned that up and eliminated the need to use Simon's aliasTags feature for fixes.

Having said all this I think MinimServer should come with a warning Smile I was sure the last embers of any audiophile pursuits I had died out in the early nineties. Having re-discovered my music I now catch myself reading about things like tube rolling and apparently I am now a part of a new-fangled branch called Head-Fi. Where will it end? Smile I'm just sayin'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to organize and tag classical music - GregR - 09-05-2016 19:57