Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to organize and tag classical music
13-10-2014, 13:01
RE: How to organize and tag classical music
I have not yet felt the need to explore the GROUP tag - YET.

I would like to say that I agree with just about everything DavidHB said about tagging - there is a lot of very sound advice in his posts. Mind you I am saying that because I pretty much use the same tagging that he talks about.

I do, however, like "separate" systems almost for classical and non-classical albums and I do this by having what I look upon as my "root tag" and this I call CLASSIFICATION. This can take one of the following values only {Classical, Rock, Jazz, Folk, Audio Books, Pop}. This fits in really well with the power of Simon's system. For example, for Classical albums I also use a tag 'Composition' but I only enter value for classical, not for any non-classical stuff. So when you select Rock for 'Classification' the composition tag disappears.

Thing is though, unless you are using minim you don't need to bother with all this because it won't work in most (or all?) other servers. That, to me, is the power of Minim. I also run Twonky from a WD Live Hub box as a backup server system, it ain't too bad for non-classical but classical Twonky is hopeless.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to organize and tag classical music - mccormw - 13-10-2014 13:01