Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to organize and tag classical music
13-10-2014, 20:58
RE: How to organize and tag classical music
foobar can also be run successfully under wine in linux, but I try to avoid using wine when I can. You need the foo_upnp plugin to act as renderer and/or controller. It has a couple of issues as a controller, but is quite serviceable.

See http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upplay/ for upplay.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2014, 17:50
(13-10-2014 20:31)simoncn Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 18:17)mccormw Wrote:  ps in Windows foobar is actually brilliant but it is a CP and music player, it cannot (I think) be used to control other devices. Please correct me if that is wrong anyone.

foobar can be used as a UPnP control point controlling an external renderer device.

Yup I thought it could because under the View menu there is a UPnP Controller option and there is also a UPnP controller option in the Playback menu. But I cannot see any content from NAIM UnitiLite or my WD Live Hub. Any advice would be appreciated. You say it can be used but not how.
14-10-2014, 18:02
Ha! Just got it sort of wellcome. If you drag and drop stuff from the UPnP browser window into he UPnP controller window it seems to play single tracks.

I will carry on fiddling.
14-10-2014, 18:36
I have mpd running on a raspberry but unfortunately it just does not see this. Ah well never mind.
14-10-2014, 19:24
(14-10-2014 18:36)mccormw Wrote:  I have mpd running on a raspberry but unfortunately it just does not see this. Ah well never mind.

mpd isn't a UPnP renderer.
14-10-2014, 21:21
(14-10-2014 19:24)simoncn Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 18:36)mccormw Wrote:  I have mpd running on a raspberry but unfortunately it just does not see this. Ah well never mind.

If you add upmpdcli from here

http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/

mpd can effectively be a renderer. I have just done this on several systems and it works well.

In foobar2000, you can import a 'theme' which makes the controller easier to use. See

http://bubbleguuum.free.fr/foo_upnp/foo_upnp_dui.fth
16-10-2014, 10:51
(14-10-2014 21:21)Pastim Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 19:24)simoncn Wrote:  

If you add upmpdcli from here

http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/

mpd can effectively be a renderer. I have just done this on several systems and it works well.

In foobar2000, you can import a 'theme' which makes the controller easier to use. See

http://bubbleguuum.free.fr/foo_upnp/foo_upnp_dui.fth

I had come across the lesboncomptes article earlier and thought that it looked promising. I am actually running Volumio which is a 'packaging' I believe of mpd. It supports UPnP servers but does not access their album database, it builds its own database, so I have just been using it to play music from folders on a drive on my NAS. Not ideal, but it works and it is only a secondary system in our dining room. It uses a Blackberry Pi B+, with a Turtle Beach Micro II USB DAC into an Exposure 8s poweramp driving an old set of JPW speakers. It surprisingly sounds pretty good.

But now I can have a look at implementing mpd from scratch and will use that article as a base.
18-10-2014, 22:52
(14-10-2014 18:02)mccormw Wrote:  If you drag and drop stuff from the UPnP browser window into he UPnP controller window it seems to play single tracks.
Did you try File/Add location?
19-10-2014, 11:36
(18-10-2014 22:52)magister Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 18:02)mccormw Wrote:  If you drag and drop stuff from the UPnP browser window into he UPnP controller window it seems to play single tracks.
Did you try File/Add location?
Did you try adding to the the UPnP Controller Playback Queue?
07-12-2014, 23:58 (This post was last modified: 08-12-2014 00:02 by Leon di San Marco.)
Hi!
I also have a problem with the Group Tag. It simply doesn't show. What do I have to do? I use Audirvana Plus to tag my files and there it's called "Grouping".
Thanks!
Marco