Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
transcoding/ffmpeg
15-08-2014, 10:27
transcoding/ffmpeg
I have installed MinimServer on my QNAP NAS and also on my laptop - in both cases I have installed MinimStreamer and set transcoding to flac:wav24 - everything works fine!

But I have noticed in the system field of MinimServer on the NAS that the stream coverter field is set to ffmpeg even though I only have flac files on the NAS - I´ve tried removing it but when I click apply it immediately reappears!

Strange thing is that the stream converter field is empty on the MinimServer installed on my laptop...

I don´t understand why the NAS MinimServer has ffmpeg shown but the laptop MinimServer does not...

Is it anything to worry about?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Gussy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2014, 11:19
RE: transcoding/ffmpeg
(15-08-2014 10:27)Gussy Wrote:  I have installed MinimServer on my QNAP NAS and also on my laptop - in both cases I have installed MinimStreamer and set transcoding to flac:wav24 - everything works fine!

But I have noticed in the system field of MinimServer on the NAS that the stream coverter field is set to ffmpeg even though I only have flac files on the NAS - I´ve tried removing it but when I click apply it immediately reappears!

Strange thing is that the stream converter field is empty on the MinimServer installed on my laptop...

I don´t understand why the NAS MinimServer has ffmpeg shown but the laptop MinimServer does not...

Is it anything to worry about?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Gussy

MinimStreamer looks to see whether you have ffmpeg or avconv available on the system path. If it finds either of these, it sets it as the default value for the stream.converter property. You can remove this default value by setting the stream.converter property to 'none'.

You are not seeing this default value on your laptop because ffmpeg isn't available in your laptop's system path.

If you are only using MinimStreamer for FLAC to WAV transcoding, you don't need to make any changes to these default settings.
15-08-2014, 11:25
RE: transcoding/ffmpeg
Thanks again - much appreciated!