Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver - Thank You!
06-08-2014, 18:10
Wink Minimserver - Thank You!
Hi Simon and potential MinimServer Users

I felt I had to post. What an AMAZING UpNp Server!!! Smile

I have been thinking of installing MinimServer for quite some time but hey I did so today. It took me approx 2 hours to complete. Excellent instructions on this forum.

My system:

Synology DS 213+ Nas
Chord DSX1000 Steamer
Chord HD ipad control point
Everything wired via router/switch
Files will soon be all ripped to WAV

My music is quite well tagged as I have been streaming now for almost 2 years. Approx 550 albums ripped so far. A mixture of Red Book CD and HD material.

I have managed so far with the Synology native Media Server but as my ever-growing Classical collection grows, I could see the limitations here.

I also read your forum quite a lot as there is a wealth of very useful information here. I specifically enjoyed the thread regarding "How to tag Classical Music". This I found very informative and I have followed most of the rules.

Anyway, back to the subject. Basically:

1. Interacting with MinimServer is extremely fast.
  2. Album artwork displays immediately.
  3. My playlists now WORK. Unreal!!!
  4. The inteligent browsing is really impressive. I was hoping this would be the case.
  5. It worked immediately once I set the music location and then set rescan.

I haven't even installed MinimWatch yet on my Mac! I will of course, to start to configure the system behaviour, etc...

This is an amazing application. Well done!

I will definitely donate.

Once again, many thanks. A very, very happy person here!

Ok, to continue listening now and start to review MinimWatch and continue cleaning my tags Wink

ATB, Anton[/font]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2014, 18:29
RE: Minimserver - Thank You!
Nice Post Anton. It gives a reassuring feeling to here about success stories where in so many forums there is a lot of negative content.

Been doing Minumserver with NAS214play >> ATOLL ST201 and RaspberryPi's (I like extreme sports lol) for 24 hours now.

Faultless and no bugs to report yet......

Tongue
06-08-2014, 19:16
(06-08-2014 18:10)AntonD Wrote:  This is an amazing application. Well done!

Ok, to continue listening now and start to review MinimWatch and continue cleaning my tags Wink

ATB, Anton[/font]

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

Thanks very much for the positive feedback. I'm very pleased that MinimServer is living up to your expectations!
06-08-2014, 20:25
(06-08-2014 19:16)simoncn Wrote:  

ATB, Anton[/font]

Thanks very much for the positive feedback. I'm very pleased that MinimServer is living up to your expectations!

No problem. I can also add:

1. the logging is excellent for fault finding, etc...
  2. MinimServer doesnt use much processor or RAM. 10% processor & 20% RAM but I also still have native Media server running too so I am quite pleased with this.
  3. MinimWatch is great so far. Already started to make positive changes and after the rescan I can see the effect.

Right, now to get on with the tagging! (don't worry, my main goal is listening!!!)

Anton
06-08-2014, 20:36
(06-08-2014 19:16)simoncn Wrote:  

ATB, Anton[/font]

Just ran the search: Composer>Composition>Conductor>Orchestra

It works a dream! SmileSmileSmile

This is awesome!

ATB, Anton
19-08-2014, 08:42
A fantastic piece of software - all works like a dream - many thanks for your efforts!!!
19-08-2014, 22:10
(19-08-2014 08:42)Gussy Wrote:  A fantastic piece of software - all works like a dream - many thanks for your efforts!!!

Thanks very much!
25-08-2014, 16:50
+1 on all of the above.

Here's my testimony on the Greatness that is MinimServer:

I've stopped using an app to play music on my network audio streamer (Denon DNP-720AE) and have returned to using the handheld remote.

Why? Because it's faster to navigate my collection using the dynamic hierarchy generated by MinimServer on the 3-line OLED display on the network player than to bring up an app on my Android tablet and then go through the same steps on the app (e.g. even using the absolutely fantastic BubbleUPnP control point).

Of course, part of my reasoning is that the Denon only plays gapless using the remote, but still... great software.