Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jriver showing duplicate minim filenames
12-08-2014, 22:30
RE: jriver showing duplicate minim filenames
(12-08-2014 21:39)PieterM Wrote:  Thank you all. Some interesting stuff here. For now I'm not quite ready to jump ship I guess. Foobar is Windows only I believe and I am on a Mac.

When not using Jriver as a control point but just as a - agreed - overly luxurious music manager / tagger it works perfectly.

When I also use Jriver as a upnp controller the double files issue that started this thread shows up again. As soon as I use the Jriver upnp features the issue is right back (also when I select Jriver to work as a controller only).

As I use plugplayer on the Ipad (which shows the minim tree) as my main control point, I can live with this. But would of course have preferred a solution so that I could have jriver working as a control point too.

Thanks again.

It sounds like you are importing the UPnP files into the same JRiver library that you are using to view the non-UPnP files. Perhaps you could ask on the JRiver forum how to create a separate library to view only the UPnP files.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2014, 23:17
(12-08-2014 21:39)PieterM Wrote:  Thank you all. Some interesting stuff here. For now I'm not quite ready to jump ship I guess. Foobar is Windows only I believe and I am on a Mac.

As I use plugplayer on the Ipad (which shows the minim tree) as my main control point, I can live with this. But would of course have preferred a solution so that I could have jriver working as a control point too.

Thanks again.

Pieter, thanks for reminding us of the objective of the post. I must confess I missed a trick assuming you were on Windows. Haven't tried managing the MinimServer Library on JRiver for MAC yet but I'll give it a go now. Might as well do JRiver for Linux while I'm at it too Big Grin

Kevin
13-08-2014, 10:27
Pieter,

What does your Audio filepath or filepaths look like ?

[Image: 2014-08-13-JRiver-MAC.JPG]