Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer (0.8.2) & Kazoo
05-08-2014, 22:00
RE: MinimServer (0.8.2) & Kazoo
(05-08-2014 21:47)MikeSpragg Wrote:  yes, I tried that - but then the log window wouldn't appear !
If you like - you can see a video here:

http://www.empath-e.com/external/kazoo.zip

Thx, Mike

I've copied this as closely as I can. No problems here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2014, 22:25
It's possible that MinimServer might be running out of memory. This would be consistent with some of the symptoms you have described (e.g., unable to open the log window). If this is the problem, you should find an OutOfMemoryError exception in the /share/Public/minimserver.log file.
05-08-2014, 23:18
(05-08-2014 22:25)simoncn Wrote:  It's possible that MinimServer might be running out of memory. This would be consistent with some of the symptoms you have described (e.g., unable to open the log window). If this is the problem, you should find an OutOfMemoryError exception in the /share/Public/minimserver.log file.

No, I don't see any of those (few other errs though).

Attached File(s)
.zip  minimserver.zip (Size: 104.28 KB / Downloads: 1)
06-08-2014, 00:33
(05-08-2014 23:18)MikeSpragg Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 22:25)simoncn Wrote:  It's possible that MinimServer might be running out of memory. This would be consistent with some of the symptoms you have described (e.g., unable to open the log window). If this is the problem, you should find an OutOfMemoryError exception in the /share/Public/minimserver.log file.

No, I don't see any of those (few other errs though).

Hi Simon

Well, what do you know - it was the anti-virus (just never thought to look there) stopping it via a protocol filter ! Many thanks for your help - all working perfectly now !!

Thx
Mike

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-08-2014, 08:33
(06-08-2014 00:33)MikeSpragg Wrote:  Hi Simon

Well, what do you know - it was the anti-virus (just never thought to look there) stopping it via a protocol filter ! Many thanks for your help - all working perfectly now !!

Thx
Mike

I've had a few strange problems caused by antivirus programs, though I haven't come across protocol filters before. I'm glad to hear the problem is sorted now (and that it wasn't caused by MinimServer).
06-08-2014, 08:55
(06-08-2014 08:33)simoncn Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 00:33)MikeSpragg Wrote:  Hi Simon

Thx
Mike

I've had a few strange problems caused by antivirus programs, though I haven't come across protocol filters before. I'm glad to hear the problem is sorted now (and that it wasn't caused by MinimServer).

Indeed - although it was odd that the native (QNAP) DLNA server didn't suffer the same issue. But, glad resolved !