Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver works so good
21-07-2014, 15:41
Minimserver works so good
It's been a while since I've visited the forums, one is here usually just to complain/request/report a bug, so I thought I'd buck the trend:

I am soo happy with the minim server combo on my (Synology) NAS, streaming to my Linn ADS1 renderer. No crashes, no problems, have configured a daily restart (in order to recognize new music), UpnP works a treat with Lumin CP, it's a great server.

Thank you SimonCN for your marvelous work!

Now, if only the same can be said for Kazoo...
I am listening sometimes with my laptop in my knee, does one know of a good CP? Right now using Kinsky, which is acceptable..

Sunny cheers from Sweden!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2014, 19:43
RE: Minimserver works so good
(21-07-2014 15:41)Linn_agnostik Wrote:  It's been a while since I've visited the forums, one is here usually just to complain/request/report a bug, so I thought I'd buck the trend:

I am soo happy with the minim server combo on my (Synology) NAS, streaming to my Linn ADS1 renderer. No crashes, no problems, have configured a daily restart (in order to recognize new music), UpnP works a treat with Lumin CP, it's a great server.

Thank you SimonCN for your marvelous work!

Now, if only the same can be said for Kazoo...
I am listening sometimes with my laptop in my knee, does one know of a good CP? Right now using Kinsky, which is acceptable..

Sunny cheers from Sweden!

Thanks very much!

My favourite CPs are Kinsky and BubbleUPnP/BubbleDS. I haven't tried the LUMIN app because I don't have an iPad.
21-07-2014, 22:45
(21-07-2014 15:41)Linn_agnostik Wrote:  It's been a while since I've visited the forums, one is here usually just to complain/request/report a bug, so I thought I'd buck the trend:

I am soo happy with the minim server combo on my (Synology) NAS, streaming to my Linn ADS1 renderer. No crashes, no problems ...

Thank you SimonCN for your marvellous work!

+1 from me.

And thanks for posting this comment. The joy of MinimServer is that, on a daily basis, it just works, without quirks or unnecessary complexity. In that sense, the lack of comment from satisfied users is a kind of backhanded compliment, though if I were Simon, I'd find it a tad frustrating. So it's good to have another opportunity to say thank you.

David
22-07-2014, 13:39
(21-07-2014 22:45)DavidHB Wrote:  

I am soo happy with the minim server combo on my (Synology) NAS, streaming to my Linn ADS1 renderer. No crashes, no problems ...

Thank you SimonCN for your marvellous work!

+1 from me.

And thanks for posting this comment. The joy of MinimServer is that, on a daily basis, it just works, without quirks or unnecessary complexity. In that sense, the lack of comment from satisfied users is a kind of backhanded compliment, though if I were Simon, I'd find it a tad frustrating. So it's good to have another opportunity to say thank you.

David

...and the same from me, I really want to thank Simon for all support, MinimServer works so very good now with my Majik DS system. Keep it up!

Br,

Johannes, Västerås, Sweden
23-07-2014, 01:34
+1 from me. And, to those who use MinimServer but have not yet made a donation: I respectfully suggest that you do so, in whatever amount is appropriate for your circumstances. It's another way of showing Simon that we value what he has made for us.
23-07-2014, 07:52
(23-07-2014 01:34)magister Wrote:  +1 from me. And, to those who use MinimServer but have not yet made a donation: I respectfully suggest that you do so, in whatever amount is appropriate for your circumstances. It's another way of showing Simon that we value what he has made for us.

I really agree, I just did a donation. Thanks again!

Johannes
23-07-2014, 08:25
I am now a user of MinimServer for 5 months being fully satisfied with its functionality (I still use Twonky Server in parallel but only because my wife is so much used to it - it will need some time to transfer her to MinimServer).

I tried to donate but relized that I would have to open a PayPal account - for me personally a no-go. Is there an alternative way to do a donation?

Rainer
23-07-2014, 21:33
(23-07-2014 08:25)bruemmer Wrote:  I am now a user of MinimServer for 5 months being fully satisfied with its functionality (I still use Twonky Server in parallel but only because my wife is so much used to it - it will need some time to transfer her to MinimServer).

I tried to donate but relized that I would have to open a PayPal account - for me personally a no-go. Is there an alternative way to do a donation?

Rainer

The Paypal Donate page for MinimServer gives you the choice of logging into your Paypal account or entering your credit card details without logging in. I had the impression that the latter option would not require the person making a donation to have a Paypal account. Have you tried doing this?
23-07-2014, 22:29
(23-07-2014 21:33)simoncn Wrote:  I had the impression that the latter option would not require the person making a donation to have a Paypal account.
I know that it works this way (use a credit card, no Paypal acct needed) on some other sites I've used. (IIRC I did use Paypal for MinimServer, but for a long time I did without a Paypal account.)