Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Composer’s name
12-06-2014, 08:41
Composer’s name
I don’t unterstand the reverse order option. Really I don’t unterstand it at all.

Here is, what I believed it to do:
The files in my library have the composer field set to «Last name, First name» (this is «Wagner, Richard»). I’d like to have the names displayed in re »natural« oder: Richard Wagner. I thought, this option is for this. But it doesn’t work. When I put Composer.reverseName.display.index, I get just an java error. When I put the composer in the normal way and the sort field to «last name, first name» I find Richard Wagner under «R».

Can anybody explain how ot works? I’m sure I don’t unterstand it and I don’t unterstand the text on the webpage.

May be somebody can explain in a simple way what I have to do?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2014, 09:14
RE: Composer’s name
(12-06-2014 08:41)Auerhahn Wrote:  I don’t unterstand the reverse order option. Really I don’t unterstand it at all.

Here is, what I believed it to do:
The files in my library have the composer field set to «Last name, First name» (this is «Wagner, Richard»). I’d like to have the names displayed in re »natural« oder: Richard Wagner. I thought, this option is for this. But it doesn’t work. When I put Composer.reverseName.display.index, I get just an java error. When I put the composer in the normal way and the sort field to «last name, first name» I find Richard Wagner under «R».

Can anybody explain how ot works? I’m sure I don’t unterstand it and I don’t unterstand the text on the webpage.

May be somebody can explain in a simple way what I have to do?

You shouldn't be getting a Java error when you use the Composer.reverseName.display.index option. After you get this error, please do the following:

1) Select 'Show log' from the minim icon
2) A log window will appear
3) You should see the Java error message and stack trace in the log window
4) In the log window, click 'Save as' to save the complete log to a file
5) Zip the log file and attach it to a post here

Many thanks!
12-06-2014, 10:24
Here is the logfile. The error appears only if I have the option set. If not, all s OK, but the composers’ names are in the order «lastname, firstname».

Attached File(s)
.zip  minim.log.zip (Size: 45.86 KB / Downloads: 2)
12-06-2014, 11:29
I think, I found our what caused the java error. There were two Files which had siomething wrong. (Don’t know what.) After moving them elsewhere the scan works well

But there are 2 other issues:

1. When I try to use the ComposerSort-tag, I get the message, this tag is invalid.
2. (Very, very strange): If I tag the composer with »Bach, Johann Sebastian«, he appears as »Johann Sebastian Bach« under the letter... »J«. It I change the name to »Bach, J. S.« it appears as J. S. Bach unter letter A. The same if I change the name to Fritz or so. But Johann Sebastian Bach appears under J. What’s that?
12-06-2014, 11:37
(12-06-2014 10:24)Auerhahn Wrote:  Here is the logfile. The error appears only if I have the option set. If not, all s OK, but the composers’ names are in the order «lastname, firstname».

This bug is now fixed in MinimServer update 31. Thanks very much for letting me know about the problem.
12-06-2014, 11:42 (This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 11:44 by Auerhahn.)
WOW! Yes, now it works with these two files too. (Believe, I found the problem: The composer is Jomelli and I had there »Jomelli,«, because I didn't know his first name. Probably the »,« at the end was the problem.

But what’s about the poor Johann Sebastian?
12-06-2014, 11:49
(12-06-2014 11:29)Auerhahn Wrote:  I think, I found our what caused the java error. There were two Files which had siomething wrong. (Don’t know what.) After moving them elsewhere the scan works well

There was a bug in MinimServer that was triggered by certain files with tags in an unusual format. I have fixed this bug now.

Quote:But there are 2 other issues:

1. When I try to use the ComposerSort-tag, I get the message, this tag is invalid.

You need to add this tag to the itemTags property so that MinimServer will read it from your files.

Quote:2. (Very, very strange): If I tag the composer with »Bach, Johann Sebastian«, he appears as »Johann Sebastian Bach« under the letter... »J«. It I change the name to »Bach, J. S.« it appears as J. S. Bach unter letter A. The same if I change the name to Fritz or so. But Johann Sebastian Bach appears under J. What’s that?

I have tried this (using Composer.reverseName.display.index) and I am not seeing this problem.
12-06-2014, 12:18
I have tried now to use the ComposerSort tag. The result is strange.

I write to »composer« Adolphe-Charles Adam and to CoposerSort Adam, Adolphe. So I get two names under letter A: Adam,... and Adolphe... Some files have the right name, some the other way round. But they have all the same tags. I think I give up. I doesn't work.

(It’s not a problem just with this composer of little value. I have the same with Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach, Auber and Bartok.)
12-06-2014, 12:41
(12-06-2014 12:18)Auerhahn Wrote:  I have tried now to use the ComposerSort tag. The result is strange.

I write to »composer« Adolphe-Charles Adam and to CoposerSort Adam, Adolphe. So I get two names under letter A: Adam,... and Adolphe... Some files have the right name, some the other way round. But they have all the same tags. I think I give up. I doesn't work.

(It’s not a problem just with this composer of little value. I have the same with Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach, Auber and Bartok.)

Please post the exact complete settings you are using for tagOptions and tagValue.
12-06-2014, 17:33
(12-06-2014 11:42)Auerhahn Wrote:  and I had there »Jomelli,«, because I didn't know his first name.

Niccolò