Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qobuz or Wimp streaming using Minimserver
06-02-2015, 16:32
RE: Qobuz or Wimp streaming using Minimserver
(06-02-2015 11:53)simoncn Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 16:06)Martin H Wrote:  .......

I am thinking about future possibilities in this area.

Quote:So my next recommendation is that you start developing control point products Simon, but I am guessing you have enough on your plate Smile

All good fun thinking of stuff to drive someone else crazy Smile

Trying to develop a control point as well as working on MinimServer probably would drive me crazy! Smile

Cool re the first one - that might provide some very interesting options for the future. Will wait excitedly for news on that.

Re the second - shame . . . . I was hoping I could just tempt you but I suspect you are right to focus. There is enough scope to expand minimserver I am sure.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2015, 20:45
I use Bubbleupnp with Minimstreamer on Android. I have a free Tidal abo for a month. Bubbleupnp can act as controlpoint for Tidal provided the Tidal app is installed on your Android and you have an active account. I would have thought the stream would go over wifi to my phone and than back to the streamer (Pioneer N-30). But that seems not to be the case. The phone is needed to start a song, but when a song is playing, you can shutdown your wifi and the music plays on. The music than only stops when the song has ended. So the stream seems to go directly over ethernet from the router to the streamer. Bubbleupnp does not support Qobuz yet. I hope it will soon, because I prefer Qubuz as a streaming service.
19-02-2015, 17:08
(08-02-2015 20:45)jaaptina Wrote:  I use Bubbleupnp with Minimstreamer on Android. I have a free Tidal abo for a month. Bubbleupnp can act as controlpoint for Tidal provided the Tidal app is installed on your Android and you have an active account. I would have thought the stream would go over wifi to my phone and than back to the streamer (Pioneer N-30). But that seems not to be the case. The phone is needed to start a song, but when a song is playing, you can shutdown your wifi and the music plays on. The music than only stops when the song has ended. So the stream seems to go directly over ethernet from the router to the streamer. Bubbleupnp does not support Qobuz yet. I hope it will soon, because I prefer Qubuz as a streaming service.

I'm using Bubbleupnp too on Android. When I stream from TIDAL to my Pioneer N-30, the streaming stops after a few songs. After the stop in bubbleupnp the renderer has been automatically changed to the local renderer. Somebody any idea?
19-02-2015, 20:35
(19-02-2015 17:08)KeesKemper Wrote:  I'm using Bubbleupnp too on Android. When I stream from TIDAL to my Pioneer N-30, the streaming stops after a few songs. After the stop in bubbleupnp the renderer has been automatically changed to the local renderer. Somebody any idea?

Your Pioneer is probably crashing due to excessive polling.
Try to increase Settings > UPnP TWeaks > Renderer polling interval to 3000, 5000 or higher values.