Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching method for artist on BubbleUpNp
30-05-2014, 22:49 (This post was last modified: 30-05-2014 22:52 by Meffy.)
Searching method for artist on BubbleUpNp
Hello Simon. I have a question about searching a specified artist without go through all the folders e.g."Music/Flac/Standard Tracks/Montown" "The Temptations". When i do a search for this artist to find it,in the first folder "Music" then on my control point i get "No search result found". Is there a way or a setting i can set on minimserver properties so i can skip the "Music/Flac/Standard Tracks/Montown" map searching,so i can only do this artist ( The Temptations) searching directly in the "Music" folder?

Thank you.

Meffy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2014, 09:55 (This post was last modified: 31-05-2014 11:26 by simoncn.)
RE: Searching method for artist on BubbleUpNp
(30-05-2014 22:49)Meffy Wrote:  Hello Simon. I have a question about searching a specified artist without go through all the folders e.g."Music/Flac/Standard Tracks/Montown" "The Temptations". When i do a search for this artist to find it,in the first folder "Music" then on my control point i get "No search result found". Is there a way or a setting i can set on minimserver properties so i can skip the "Music/Flac/Standard Tracks/Montown" map searching,so i can only do this artist ( The Temptations) searching directly in the "Music" folder?

Thank you.

Meffy

Have you tried using the Artist index from the top-level menu? This should be a quicker and simpler way to find a specific artist than doing a search.

Edit: I just saw from your thread title that you are using BubbleUPnP to do the search. This is working for me when I search for an artist in the top-level "music" folder. Are you sure your library contains files tagged with 'The Temptations' as the Artist tag?
31-05-2014, 11:44
(31-05-2014 09:55)simoncn Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 22:49)Meffy Wrote:  Hello Simon. I have a question about searching a specified artist without go through all the folders e.g."Music/Flac/Standard Tracks/Montown" "The Temptations". When i do a search for this artist to find it,in the first folder "Music" then on my control point i get "No search result found". Is there a way or a setting i can set on minimserver properties so i can skip the "Music/Flac/Standard Tracks/Montown" map searching,so i can only do this artist ( The Temptations) searching directly in the "Music" folder?

Thank you.

Meffy

Have you tried using the Artist index from the top-level menu? This should be a quicker and simpler way to find a specific artist than doing a search.

Edit: I just saw from your thread title that you are using BubbleUPnP to do the search. This is working for me when I search for an artist in the top-level "music" folder. Are you sure your library contains files tagged with 'The Temptations' as the Artist tag?

Hi Simon and thank you for your quick reply.Im my music folder i have some other subfolders like "Mp3" folder appart from the "Music/Flac/Standard Tracks/Montown". My goal is to search the specific album in bubbleupnp searchbar, which contains my flac tracks "The Temptations album" in the "Motown" folder.When i do that it gives me "No search result found" even though i know that my tracks are tagged as the Artist tag.

Thank you.
Meffy
31-05-2014, 12:07 (This post was last modified: 31-05-2014 20:43 by simoncn.)
(31-05-2014 11:44)Meffy Wrote:  Hi Simon and thank you for your quick reply.Im my music folder i have some other subfolders like "Mp3" folder appart from the "Music/Flac/Standard Tracks/Montown". My goal is to search the specific album in bubbleupnp searchbar, which contains my flac tracks "The Temptations album" in the "Motown" folder.When i do that it gives me "No search result found" even though i know that my tracks are tagged as the Artist tag.

Thank you.
Meffy

I don't quite understand the problem you are having. Are you selecting an album first and then doing the search, or are you doing the search from the top-level Music folder? It is working for me when I do a search from my top-level music folder.

Are you running the latest MinimServer update (update 30)? You can check this by selecting About from the minim icon. There were some problems with searching in older versions.

Edit: When you select Artist from the top-level menu, do you see 'The Temptations' in the list of artists?