Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artist when no album artist
28-05-2014, 21:36
Artist when no album artist
Here's another newbie question: I have some music files with no album artist set, only artist. Logitech Media Server, when there is no album artist present, grabs the value from the artist field. Is there a way to do that with minimserver, i.e. Have it use the AlbumArtist value if there is one but use the artist value if no AlbumArtist is present? Or do I just need to fix all the tags?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2014, 21:51
RE: Artist when no album artist
(28-05-2014 21:36)antonmb Wrote:  Here's another newbie question: I have some music files with no album artist set, only artist. Logitech Media Server, when there is no album artist present, grabs the value from the artist field. Is there a way to do that with minimserver, i.e. Have it use the AlbumArtist value if there is one but use the artist value if no AlbumArtist is present? Or do I just need to fix all the tags?

MinimServer already does this for entries in the Artist index. What is the exact symptom of the problem that you are seeing? If you can attach a screenshot showing the problem, that would help.

The new 'default' option of the tagValue property might do what you need. I'll be able to confirm this when you post the additional detail that I requested.
28-05-2014, 22:08
(28-05-2014 21:51)simoncn Wrote:  
(28-05-2014 21:36)antonmb Wrote:  Here's another newbie question: I have some music files with no album artist set, only artist. Logitech Media Server, when there is no album artist present, grabs the value from the artist field. Is there a way to do that with minimserver, i.e. Have it use the AlbumArtist value if there is one but use the artist value if no AlbumArtist is present? Or do I just need to fix all the tags?

MinimServer already does this for entries in the Artist index. What is the exact symptom of the problem that you are seeing? If you can attach a screenshot showing the problem, that would help.

The new 'default' option of the tagValue property might do what you need. I'll be able to confirm this when you post the additional detail that I requested.

I'm not sure how to provide a screenshot since it's what's missing rather than what's there. An album with a value in the artist field but no value in the AlbumArtist field only shows up in the artist list in kinsky, not in the AlbumArtist list.
29-05-2014, 07:51
(28-05-2014 22:08)antonmb Wrote:  I'm not sure how to provide a screenshot since it's what's missing rather than what's there. An album with a value in the artist field but no value in the AlbumArtist field only shows up in the artist list in kinsky, not in the AlbumArtist list.

Thanks for the clarification. To get what you want, the best approach would be to browse artists using the Artist index list instead of the AlbumArtist index list. The Artist index list shows the AlbumArtist value if there is one or the Artist value otherwise.