Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching vs Browsing - How to not browse something
01-05-2014, 16:58
Searching vs Browsing - How to not browse something
Good afternoon,

First of all thanks to Simon for putting all the work and ingenuity in making MinimServer.

For a number of days I am circling around the question how to facilitate browsing through / discovering music not having a certain tag value.

Concrete case is that I have a lot of classical music but not everybody in the family shares my preference. So I would like to be able to browse through albums where the Genre is not "Classical". The hard way of doing this could be to add a tag with a "Non-Classical" value. But this is quite awkward would be the last resort only.

Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2014, 17:36
RE: Searching vs Browsing - How to not browse something
(01-05-2014 16:58)Fritz Wrote:  Good afternoon,

First of all thanks to Simon for putting all the work and ingenuity in making MinimServer.

For a number of days I am circling around the question how to facilitate browsing through / discovering music not having a certain tag value.

Concrete case is that I have a lot of classical music but not everybody in the family shares my preference. So I would like to be able to browse through albums where the Genre is not "Classical". The hard way of doing this could be to add a tag with a "Non-Classical" value. But this is quite awkward would be the last resort only.

Any ideas?

There's no easy way to do this at the moment. I will add it to the list of requested features for a future release.
01-05-2014, 22:09
RE: Searching vs Browsing - How to not browse something
It's very easy if you have a folder 'non-classical' and the other family members start browsing with folder view.