Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best control point for Linn DS (iOS)
16-04-2014, 19:17
RE: Best control point for Linn DS (iOS)
(16-04-2014 18:58)AdamWysokinski Wrote:  Thanks Smile What do you use instead? (I guess it's Lumin?)

Correct Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2014, 02:11
I downloaded the Lumin player and it found the MinimServer library, but I couldn't get it to connect with my DAC (or any other renderer like foobar on my laptop). Does it support non-Lumin hardware? Any tricks to recommend?

Thanks!
17-04-2014, 07:34
The Lumin control point only supports Lumin and Linn hardware as far as I know

Peter

Peter
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Linn, Lumin & Kazoo
17-04-2014, 08:28
(17-04-2014 02:11)magister Wrote:  I downloaded the Lumin player and it found the MinimServer library, but I couldn't get it to connect with my DAC (or any other renderer like foobar on my laptop). Does it support non-Lumin hardware? Any tricks to recommend?

Thanks!

As Peter say, LUMIN Supports LUMIN and LINN Streamers as both are using the same extended UpnP protocol. You would probably be out of luck with any other players.

bbrip
17-04-2014, 11:05
(17-04-2014 02:11)magister Wrote:  I downloaded the Lumin player and it found the MinimServer library, but I couldn't get it to connect with my DAC (or any other renderer like foobar on my laptop). Does it support non-Lumin hardware? Any tricks to recommend?

Thanks!

As Peter say, LUMIN Supports LUMIN and LINN Streamers as both are using the same extended UpnP protocol. You would probably be out of luck with any other players.

bbrip
17-04-2014, 13:35
Thanks Peter and bbrip. I am contemplating the purchase of a new DAC that the manufacturer says uses the Linn extensions. If I end up buying this machine I'll try Lumin player again. Otherwise, the search continues for the perfect control point . . .
17-04-2014, 18:20
(17-04-2014 13:35)magister Wrote:  Thanks Peter and bbrip. I am contemplating the purchase of a new DAC that the manufacturer says uses the Linn extensions. If I end up buying this machine I'll try Lumin player again. Otherwise, the search continues for the perfect control point . . .
You may try creating an OpenHome renderer for your renderer through BubbleUPnP Server. This made possible using Lumin to control my renderer (Moon Mind) which does not natively support the Linn extensions. It may also work for you.
17-04-2014, 20:25
(17-04-2014 18:20)Andre Gosselin Wrote:  You may try creating an OpenHome renderer for your renderer through BubbleUPnP Server. This made possible using Lumin to control my renderer (Moon Mind) which does not natively support the Linn extensions.
Thank you very much for the suggestion, Andre. I had heard of BubbleUPnP server, but assumed it was just a server and I already was running MinimServer. A visit to the BubbleUPnP website shows that in fact this software runs on top of (along with?) a normal server like Minim. Looks very interesting but I'm still not sure I've got my head wrapped around this. I'll study it more and maybe try it. I also happen to own a Moon MInD, although I don't use it much.