Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
minimserver and synology
27-08-2012, 02:41
minimserver and synology
Hi,

I'm a newbie and I may have a weird question but can I use Synology NAS with Minimserver without using a computer ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2012, 07:28
RE: minimserver and synology
(27-08-2012 02:41)bloggy Wrote:  Hi,

I'm a newbie and I may have a weird question but can I use Synology NAS with Minimserver without using a computer ?

You can do this, but you won't be able to use the full functionality of MinimServer by changing its configuration settings. To change these settings, you need to run the MinimWatch program, which requires a computer.
27-08-2012, 10:53
(27-08-2012 07:28)simoncn Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 02:41)bloggy Wrote:  Hi,

You can do this, but you won't be able to use the full functionality of MinimServer by changing its configuration settings. To change these settings, you need to run the MinimWatch program, which requires a computer.

This reminded me of a question I wanted to ask Simon.
Do you think this feature could be there in the future?
Other Media Servers are configurable via the NAS, for example, Logitech Media Server and Synology Media Server, using a controller point like an IPAD.
29-08-2012, 07:43
(27-08-2012 10:53)mikejazz Wrote:  This reminded me of a question I wanted to ask Simon.
Do you think this feature could be there in the future?
Other Media Servers are configurable via the NAS, for example, Logitech Media Server and Synology Media Server, using a controller point like an IPAD.

I'd like to add a web interface in a future release. This would allow any device with a web browser to control MinimServer.