Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MiniServer - Not seen by SongBook Lite and some problems with Kinsky
20-08-2012, 17:11
MiniServer - Not seen by SongBook Lite and some problems with Kinsky
Hello!

I believe this is happening since I stopped and started the service at the Synology NAS.

On IPAD...
1) on Songbook there is no connection to MinimServe (does not appears as a Library)

2) on Kinsky, it's not fully stable. I can add to playlist, but sometimes it will not play as it keeps hanging on the time icon.

Is it ok, to stop and start the MinimServer like I did, directly on the Synology's Package Center?
Or should we only do it the MinimWatch application on PC? I believe not as we should not be tied up to the PC.

Thanks for your fb!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2012, 17:30
RE: MiniServer - Not seen by SongBook Lite and some problems with Kinsky
(20-08-2012 17:11)mikejazz Wrote:  Hello!

I believe this is happening since I stopped and started the service at the Synology NAS.

On IPAD...
1) on Songbook there is no connection to MinimServe (does not appears as a Library)

2) on Kinsky, it's not fully stable. I can add to playlist, but sometimes it will not play as it keeps hanging on the time icon.

Is it ok, to stop and start the MinimServer like I did, directly on the Synology's Package Center?
Or should we only do it the MinimWatch application on PC? I believe not as we should not be tied up to the PC.

Thanks for your fb!

It should be OK to stop and restart MinimServer from the Synology Package Center.

There's a known problem with Songbook Lite not working properly after a MinimServer restart. This will be fixed in the next release. This problem doesn't affect Kinsky.

Please update to the new 0.52b Synology package. It probably won't make any difference, but when doing problem determination it's a good idea to be on the latest code.

After updating to 0.52b, please check if the problem with Kinsky is reproducible consistently by doing the following:
1) Reboot the Synology
2) MinimServer should start automatically and work properly. Does it?
3) Stop and start MinimServer from the Package Center. Don't make any other changes.
4) Does MinimServer start behaving badly with Kinsky?
20-08-2012, 23:17
(20-08-2012 17:30)simoncn Wrote:  1) Reboot the Synology

Hi, just for completion: MinimServer will start automatically only if it was running at the moment of rebooting.
21-08-2012, 19:14
(20-08-2012 23:17)winxi Wrote:  

Hi, just for completion: MinimServer will start automatically only if it was running at the moment of rebooting.

My earlier post might need a bit of clarification:

After updating to 0.52b, please check if the problem with Kinsky is reproducible consistently by doing the following:
1) Make sure MinimServer is started and running
2) Reboot the Synology
3) MinimServer should start automatically. Does it?
4) MinimServer should be working properly. Is it?
5) Stop and start MinimServer from the Package Center. Don't make any other changes anywhere on the network.
6) Does MinimServer start behaving badly with Kinsky?
24-08-2012, 16:27 (This post was last modified: 24-08-2012 16:35 by mikejazz.)
(21-08-2012 19:14)simoncn Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 23:17)winxi Wrote:  

My earlier post might need a bit of clarification:

The starting point is
- Kinsky finds MinimServer, browse but cannot play (the buffering does not end). Same behavior in Kinsky Desktop
- SongBook does not work (cannot find MinimServer).

Quote:1) Make sure MinimServer is started and running
2) Reboot the Synology
3) MinimServer should start automatically. Does it?
Yes.

Quote:4) MinimServer should be working properly. Is it?
Yes, and No.
- working on the Kinsky (both iPAD and Windoes), yes, BUT
- Not working on the SongBook!

Quote:5) Stop and start MinimServer from the Package Center. Don't make any other changes anywhere on the network.
6) Does MinimServer start behaving badly with Kinsky?

No, continues to work with Kinsky. Restart was super-quick. BUT...
With SongBook, continues to fail to be found.
However, I can force a "Clear and Search" on network for Songbook. THEN, it finally finds MinimServer, HOWEVER,
Fails to play (either in UpnpAV mode, or Playlist)...The application issues a message that an error was reported.

Hope this helps...
24-08-2012, 22:07
(24-08-2012 16:27)mikejazz Wrote:  No, continues to work with Kinsky. Restart was super-quick. BUT...
However, I can force a "Clear and Search" on network for Songbook. THEN, it finally finds MinimServer, HOWEVER,
Fails to play (either in UpnpAV mode, or Playlist)...The application issues a message that an error was reported.

Hope this helps...

Yes, it does help. Thanks for confirming that MinimServer has no problems with Kinsky. The problem with Songbook is a known issue, and a fix will be available in the next release of MinimServer.
26-08-2012, 16:58
(24-08-2012 22:07)simoncn Wrote:  
(24-08-2012 16:27)mikejazz Wrote:  No, continues to work with Kinsky. Restart was super-quick. BUT...

Hope this helps...

Yes, it does help. Thanks for confirming that MinimServer has no problems with Kinsky. The problem with Songbook is a known issue, and a fix will be available in the next release of MinimServer.

Ok, but after this last upgrade to MinimServer on the Synology NAS, now I cannot run MinimWatch on my laptop.

Also, I noticed that I have lost the "Style" and "Period" tags when browsing, with both Kinsky versions...
26-08-2012, 17:22
(26-08-2012 16:58)mikejazz Wrote:  Ok, but after this last upgrade to MinimServer on the Synology NAS, now I cannot run MinimWatch on my laptop.

This sounds like a different problem. Please can you explain what goes wrong when you try to run MinimWatch on your laptop.

Quote:Also, I noticed that I have lost the "Style" and "Period" tags when browsing, with both Kinsky versions...

You need to add these to the indexTags property. The upgrade should preserve your indexTags values if you don't uninstall MinimServer before doing the upgrade. This is explained in the upgrade instructions. Did you uninstall MinimServer before doing the upgrade?
26-08-2012, 17:52
(26-08-2012 17:22)simoncn Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 16:58)mikejazz Wrote:  Ok, but after this last upgrade to MinimServer on the Synology NAS, now I cannot run MinimWatch on my laptop.

This sounds like a different problem. Please can you explain what goes wrong when you try to run MinimWatch on your laptop.
MinimWatch will not start.

Quote:Also, I noticed that I have lost the "Style" and "Period" tags when browsing, with both Kinsky versions...
Quote:You need to add these to the indexTags property. The upgrade should preserve your indexTags values if you don't uninstall MinimServer before doing the upgrade. This is explained in the upgrade instructions. Did you uninstall MinimServer before doing the upgrade?
How can I add the inexTags if I cannot access MinimWatch?
In the laptop, I did not uninstall MinimServer.
26-08-2012, 21:02
(26-08-2012 17:52)mikejazz Wrote:  MinimWatch will not start.

Please can you describe what happens when you try to start MinimWatch. Do you get an error message? Does the minim icon appear?

Quote:How can I add the inexTags if I cannot access MinimWatch?
In the laptop, I did not uninstall MinimServer.

Did you uninstall MinimServer on the Synology? This will delete all your settings, including indexTags. The only way to get them back is by using MinimWatch, so we need to figure out what's causing the problem with starting MinimWatch.