Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MinimServer can't add content directory
18-02-2014, 07:20
MinimServer can't add content directory
I just installed MinimServer on a Synology Nas DS213J. Installed Java 7, then MinimServer (MinimServer-0.8.1a-arm.spk), then MinimWatch on Mac OSX Mavericks (MinimWatch-0.8.1b-macosx.dmg).

The install of MinimServer completed without any errors and in the package centre I can see the MinimServer icon; however, when I click to open the option to input the content directory nothing happens. The icon colour of MinimWatch is red.

I restarted the Nas, and I also deleted MinimServer and Java 7 and then installed it again with the same result.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2014, 08:20
RE: MinimServer can't add content directory
(18-02-2014 07:20)stelo Wrote:  I just installed MinimServer on a Synology Nas DS213J. Installed Java 7, then MinimServer (MinimServer-0.8.1a-arm.spk), then MinimWatch on Mac OSX Mavericks (MinimWatch-0.8.1b-macosx.dmg).

The install of MinimServer completed without any errors and in the package centre I can see the MinimServer icon; however, when I click to open the option to input the content directory nothing happens. The icon colour of MinimWatch is red.

I restarted the Nas, and I also deleted MinimServer and Java 7 and then installed it again with the same result.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

In a separate browser tab or window, type:

http://x.x.x.x:9790

where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the NAS. Do you get the MinimServer status page?
18-02-2014, 16:32
Yes that worked and this came up:

MinimServer Status

This page was last updated at 07:24:23 on 18 Feb 2014

MinimServer 0.8.1, Copyright © 2012, 2013 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.

Media server status for MinimServer[DiskStation]: Stopped

You have no content directory (music folder) selected.

Enter the full path to your content directory in the field below and click Update.

Content directory:

I input the directory as '/volume1/music' and now the MinimWatch icon turned yellow and is now grey so it looks like that solved it. Any idea why the content directory menu didn't simply open in the Nas window?

Thanks for your help!
18-02-2014, 16:46
(18-02-2014 16:32)stelo Wrote:  Yes that worked and this came up:

MinimServer Status

This page was last updated at 07:24:23 on 18 Feb 2014

MinimServer 0.8.1, Copyright © 2012, 2013 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.

Media server status for MinimServer[DiskStation]: Stopped

You have no content directory (music folder) selected.

Enter the full path to your content directory in the field below and click Update.

Content directory:

I input the directory as '/volume1/music' and now the MinimWatch icon turned yellow and is now grey so it looks like that solved it. Any idea why the content directory menu didn't simply open in the Nas window?

Thanks for your help!

The same page should open if you click the MinimServer icon from the Synology main menu (not the Package Center). The main menu is the small window that opens when you click the button at the top left corner of the Synology desktop page.
18-02-2014, 17:30
Google Chrome was blocking the pop up menu - I just tried clicking the MinimServer icon through Firefox and the content directory menu came up. Thanks for your help!