Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tagCustom + Raumfeld
28-10-2014, 10:38
RE: tagCustom + Raumfeld
(28-10-2014 10:18)simoncn Wrote:  This upnp:albumArtist tag has been invented by Twonky and isn't part of the UPnP specifications. MinimServer implements the UPnP standard and the correct solution is for Raumfeld to also implement the UPnP standard so that it can work with other UPnP servers as well as Twonky.

Dear Simon,
thanks for your clarification. I agree with you. Raumfeld should implement the standard. But I thought it is worth asking. There is a similar request for minidlna.

At least I have now something to send to the Raumfeld guys...

Thanks Michael
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2014, 13:49
(28-10-2014 10:18)simoncn Wrote:  This upnp:albumArtist tag has been invented by Twonky and isn't part of the UPnP specifications. MinimServer implements the UPnP standard and the correct solution is for Raumfeld to also implement the UPnP standard so that it can work with other UPnP servers as well as Twonky.

(03-02-2014 20:05)simoncn Wrote:  I've thought about this and I think the best approach is to keep things simple. The next update will have a new setting (enabled by default) that sends the <upnp:artist role="AlbumArtist"> XML tag to the control point if the album has an AlbumArtist metadata tag.

I just found this old thread, and I hope this could be a solution to my problem as well. Has this feature already been implemented?

Thanks for the help!

Michael
29-10-2014, 14:26
(29-10-2014 13:49)workspace Wrote:  I just found this old thread, and I hope this could be a solution to my problem as well. Has this feature already been implemented?

Thanks for the help!

Michael

It has been implemented, but it won't solve the problem because it sends <upnp:artist role="AlbumArtist">. From your earlier post, this doesn't work with Raumfeld.