Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAC artwork
12-02-2012, 13:23
AAC artwork
Hi,

I've just installed MinimServer 0.21 and already like it better than Twonky. However, there is one thing that doesn't work. MinimServer doesn't provide artwork for AAC files downloaded from iTunes.

I'm using the latest nightly build of Kinsky as a control point. All other servers (Twonky, Asset) I'm currently using (productively or as a test) correctly provide artwork (JPEG) embedded in the same AAC files.

Cheers, Thomas
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2012, 21:12
RE: AAC artwork
(12-02-2012 13:23)thomas Wrote:  Hi,

I've just installed MinimServer 0.21 and already like it better than Twonky. However, there is one thing that doesn't work. MinimServer doesn't provide artwork for AAC files downloaded from iTunes.

I'm using the latest nightly build of Kinsky as a control point. All other servers (Twonky, Asset) I'm currently using (productively or as a test) correctly provide artwork (JPEG) embedded in the same AAC files.

Cheers, Thomas

I've sent you a PM suggesting next steps for diagnosing the problem. Do these files have an .aac extension, or are they .m4a files containing AAC-encoded audio?
17-02-2012, 10:41
(13-02-2012 21:12)simoncn Wrote:  
(12-02-2012 13:23)thomas Wrote:  Hi,

Cheers, Thomas

I've sent you a PM suggesting next steps for diagnosing the problem. Do these files have an .aac extension, or are they .m4a files containing AAC-encoded audio?

I've sent you an email with a sample AAC file.

All iTunes files are .m4a with AAC-encoded audio. So I guess as soon as you fix that you'll also be able to show artwork for ALAC audio in the same .m4a container.
17-02-2012, 12:51
(17-02-2012 10:41)thomas Wrote:  I've sent you an email with a sample AAC file.

All iTunes files are .m4a with AAC-encoded audio. So I guess as soon as you fix that you'll also be able to show artwork for ALAC audio in the same .m4a container.

Thanks very much for sending the file. I've found the cause of the problem. It isn't related to AAC encoding, but it's related to some extra metadata that iTunes adds to the file. MinimServer wasn't handling this extra data correctly.

The fix will be in the next release of MinimServer, and it should fix this problem for all .m4a files (AAC and ALAC) downloaded from iTunes.

Many thanks for your help with finding this problem!

Simon