Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching with New Minimserver
06-01-2014, 08:58
Searching with New Minimserver
Hi

While searching with the new version, is it possible to conduct a search
of all the tags from the library? Am I correct in my understanding, that at present, the search only takes place in the tag selected for viewing the library (for eg. albums or artist).

I feel that if one were to be able to search all tags together, the search results would be more useful, especially with classical music. Here there are a lot of inconsistencies with tagging.

Regards

best
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2014, 09:06
RE: Searching with New Minimserver
(06-01-2014 08:58)best Wrote:  Hi

of all the tags from the library? Am I correct in my understanding, that at present, the search only takes place in the tag selected for viewing the library (for eg. albums or artist).

I feel that if one were to be able to search all tags together, the search results would be more useful, especially with classical music. Here there are a lot of inconsistencies with tagging.

Regards

best

The decision about which tags to search is up to the control point. MinimServer searches the tags that the control point asks it to search. Which control point are you using?
06-01-2014, 09:09
(06-01-2014 09:06)simoncn Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 08:58)best Wrote:  Hi

Regards

best

The decision about which tags to search is up to the control point. MinimServer searches the tags that the control point asks it to search. Which control point are you using?

I'm using Bubble upnp
06-01-2014, 11:03 (This post was last modified: 06-01-2014 11:04 by simoncn.)
(06-01-2014 09:09)best Wrote:  I'm using Bubble upnp

You should be getting something like this already. When I do a search in BubbleDS or BubbleUPnP, I get all the matches in my library for Albums:title, Albums:artist, Artists, Tracks:title and Tracks:artist. These search queries are sent to MinimServer by BubbleUPnP. If you want additional tags to be searched, this would require a change to BubbleUPnP.
06-01-2014, 12:19
You may also find this thread of interest. With all the control points I have tried, you just enter the search text and tap 'Done' (or whatever) to initiate the search. There is no syntax to allow more complex searches.

David