Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio Stations in Lumin via MinimStreamer
10-02-2014, 14:18
RE: Radio Stations in Lumin via MinimStreamer
(30-01-2014 13:52)simoncn Wrote:  Some possible solutions are:

1) LUMIN could change their firmware to send the "Icy-MetaData: 1" header in its GET request
2) MinimStreamer could add the "Icy-MetaData: 1" header in its GET request if the player doesn't include it
3) MinimStreamer could assume a default value of 16000 for icy-metaint if no icy-metaint header is received. This is presumably what LUMIN is doing.

I think the safest and most robust approach is for MinimStreamer to do 2). I will include this change in the next MinimStreamer update.

This fix is now available in MinimStreamer 0.3.11.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2014, 22:41 (This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 22:41 by jones.)
(10-02-2014 14:18)simoncn Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 13:52)simoncn Wrote:  Some possible solutions are:

1) LUMIN could change their firmware to send the "Icy-MetaData: 1" header in its GET request
2) MinimStreamer could add the "Icy-MetaData: 1" header in its GET request if the player doesn't include it
3) MinimStreamer could assume a default value of 16000 for icy-metaint if no icy-metaint header is received. This is presumably what LUMIN is doing.

I think the safest and most robust approach is for MinimStreamer to do 2). I will include this change in the next MinimStreamer update.

This fix is now available in MinimStreamer 0.3.11.
Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, it did not solve my issue, after updating both MinimServer and MinimStreamer. Attached my log file. I didn't make any further changes to my set up.

Anything I can do to help solve this issue?

Thanks. Kind regards

Attached File(s)
.txt  MinimStreamer-0.3.11 log with issue.txt (Size: 13.59 KB / Downloads: 2)
12-02-2014, 09:17
(11-02-2014 22:41)jones Wrote:  Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, it did not solve my issue, after updating both MinimServer and MinimStreamer. Attached my log file. I didn't make any further changes to my set up.

Thanks. Kind regards

This is a different problem. MinimServer is checking for the standard HTTP 1.1 response code "302 Found" but this server is responding "302 Temporarily Moved". I will update this check to include only the numeric portion and ignore the words that follow. Thanks for letting me know about this.
12-02-2014, 10:08
(12-02-2014 09:17)simoncn Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 22:41)jones Wrote:  Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, it did not solve my issue, after updating both MinimServer and MinimStreamer. Attached my log file. I didn't make any further changes to my set up.

Thanks. Kind regards

This is a different problem. MinimServer is checking for the standard HTTP 1.1 response code "302 Found" but this server is responding "302 Temporarily Moved". I will update this check to include only the numeric portion and ignore the words that follow. Thanks for letting me know about this.

OK, thanks. So this means that it should work for other streams from different servers. Can you give me an example of a stream that should work? So I can check and ensure there are no other issues as well (I tried a few, but none worked).
12-02-2014, 10:57
(12-02-2014 10:08)jones Wrote:  OK, thanks. So this means that it should work for other streams from different servers. Can you give me an example of a stream that should work? So I can check and ensure there are no other issues as well (I tried a few, but none worked).

I tested it using the playlist that you posted previously:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,[Cap] Capital Radio
http://ice-the.musicradio.com:80/CapitalMP3
#EXTINF:-1,[CFM] Classic FM
http://ice-the.musicradio.com:80/ClassicFMMP3
#EXTINF:-1,[RMO] RockMax Oldies
http://212.111.2.151:8000/rm_old_256.mp3
22-02-2014, 13:28
No need anymore for this workaround. The latest release of the LUMIN App (2.0.4) supports radio "out-of-the-box".

bbrip

---------

New feature: Internet Radio

LUMIN now uses TuneIn Radio to access your favourite Radio Stations from within the LUMIN App.

A TuneIn account is required (free).
You can add Radio Stations to your Favourites on the TuneIn site.

Navigate to: Settings > LUMIN Options > Internet Radio Setting and enter your TuneIn sign-in.

A new Radio tab will appear in the browse window.

When clicked, you will see your TuneIn Favourites list.

Double-tap a station or show to play.

Notes: Due to the wide variety of audio codecs and streaming formats used by TuneIn, some radio stations may not play on LUMIN.
Folders within favourites are not supported.
-------------

Added LUMIN Options > Ultra-sonic Filter for DSD Playback.
On some listening systems, if there is excessive high frequency noise when playing DSD file or using PCM to DSD up-sampling, this setting can help reduce noise.
22-02-2014, 19:27
The option you mention, Internet Radio Settings, is an option when you have a Lumin player.
However Linn DS users still get the Radio tab in the Lumin app and it's still your Tune In favourites. Seems that the app searches out the Tune In account name from the Linn DS. I like smart developers :-)

Peter
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Linn, Lumin & Kazoo
23-02-2014, 11:03
(22-02-2014 19:27)Peter@57m Wrote:  The option you mention, Internet Radio Settings, is an option when you have a Lumin player.
However Linn DS users still get the Radio tab in the Lumin app and it's still your Tune In favourites. Seems that the app searches out the Tune In account name from the Linn DS. I like smart developers :-)

Exactly Wink I am using eh LUMIN App it with a Linn DS as well.

bbrip
24-02-2014, 20:31
BBC radio via Lumin is transcoded at 16bit, however, with MinimServer it is transcoded at 24bit, sounds much better.

Streamer
24-02-2014, 22:15 (This post was last modified: 24-02-2014 22:15 by bbrip.)
(24-02-2014 20:31)Streamer Wrote:  BBC radio via Lumin is transcoded at 16bit, however, with MinimServer it is transcoded at 24bit, sounds much better.

Streamer

yep, all those zeros appended to the end make a big difference Tongue