Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clear Minimserver Log Manually
04-01-2014, 18:25
RE: Clear Minimserver Log Manually
(04-01-2014 18:06)Foxman50 Wrote:  Its on the pc so its no hassle to stop Avast while i use Minimwatch. Its just odd how it locks Minimwatch up. Normally in task manager the Minimwatch icon appears when the app is running. When Minimwatch locks up this icon is replaced by the normal java icon. I just noticed as i kept trying to open Minimwatch another java icon appeared. If that makes sense

It seem that Avast has placed MinimWatch on a black list of dangerous applications and is trying to block it from opening. Can you contact Avast and ask them if there some way you can tell Avast that MinimWatch is a safe application? Peharps the problem is related to MinimWatch being launched by javaw.exe rather than having its own Windows executable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 18:28
(04-01-2014 18:15)Foxman50 Wrote:  This is the last section from the minimserver log. No idea if it shows anything.

There's nothing unusual here. This is consistent with Avast blocking requests sent from MinimWatch.
04-01-2014, 18:39
(04-01-2014 18:25)simoncn Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 18:06)Foxman50 Wrote:  Its on the pc so its no hassle to stop Avast while i use Minimwatch. Its just odd how it locks Minimwatch up. Normally in task manager the Minimwatch icon appears when the app is running. When Minimwatch locks up this icon is replaced by the normal java icon. I just noticed as i kept trying to open Minimwatch another java icon appeared. If that makes sense

It seem that Avast has placed MinimWatch on a black list of dangerous applications and is trying to block it from opening. Can you contact Avast and ask them if there some way you can tell Avast that MinimWatch is a safe application? Peharps the problem is related to MinimWatch being launched by javaw.exe rather than having its own Windows executable.

Ill try contacting them, but don't hold much chance of a reply. Its only just happened on this update to it may change in the next one, there quite regular.

Thanks for your help

Graeme