Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Seek Tables in .m4a files
02-01-2014, 18:01
No Seek Tables in .m4a files
Hi Simon,
I have a bunch of long (> 2hour) music downloads which are aac in .m4a container and due to my error when downloading they have no seek data. As a result I can only play the files from the beginning.

I am afraid my command line skills have left me, if they were ever there and am asking for help to add seek data using either ffmpeg or AtomicParsley, whichever is appropriate!

Grateful for any help you can give.
Regards and Happy New Year.
Budgie.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2014, 19:03
RE: No Seek Tables in .m4a files
(02-01-2014 18:01)Budgie Wrote:  Hi Simon,
I have a bunch of long (> 2hour) music downloads which are aac in .m4a container and due to my error when downloading they have no seek data. As a result I can only play the files from the beginning.

I am afraid my command line skills have left me, if they were ever there and am asking for help to add seek data using either ffmpeg or AtomicParsley, whichever is appropriate!

Budgie.

Happy New Year!

I've never done this myself. I use dbPoweramp for file conversions. You could try using dbPoweramp to convert the .m4a file to another .m4a file. Perhaps dbPoweramp will add the missing seek information.
02-01-2014, 20:09
(02-01-2014 19:03)simoncn Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 18:01)Budgie Wrote:  Hi Simon,

Budgie.

Happy New Year!

I've never done this myself. I use dbPoweramp for file conversions. You could try using dbPoweramp to convert the .m4a file to another .m4a file. Perhaps dbPoweramp will add the missing seek information.
Hi Simon,
Many thanks for the reply and that is the principle I had in mind but isn't dbPoweramp a windoze program?
Regards,
Budgie
02-01-2014, 20:27
(02-01-2014 20:09)Budgie Wrote:  Hi Simon,
Many thanks for the reply and that is the principle I had in mind but isn't dbPoweramp a windoze program?
Regards,
Budgie

Yes, it is. Because I'm a Windows user, this is the program I use myself for such tasks. Perhaps other forum users will be able to suggest how to do this on Linux.