Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More than one MinimServer on Synology NAS
02-01-2014, 19:16
More than one MinimServer on Synology NAS
I would like to be able to separate out our classical and non-classical collections by having effectively 2 MinimServers on the Synology NAS (DS212j). Is it possible with 0.8.1 to do another MinimServer install into another directory on the NAS and have the both servers running at the same time?

Many thanks for any help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2014, 20:13
RE: More than one MinimServer on Synology NAS
(02-01-2014 19:16)markhp Wrote:  I would like to be able to separate out our classical and non-classical collections by having effectively 2 MinimServers on the Synology NAS (DS212j). Is it possible with 0.8.1 to do another MinimServer install into another directory on the NAS and have the both servers running at the same time?

Many thanks for any help.

This isn't supported by the current Synology installation package. Support for this on all platforms is a planned enhancement for a future release of MinimServer.
03-01-2014, 09:52
Thanks for letting me know, Simon. This would be a really useful addition to what is already a really excellent program. Presumably this is quite a major feature to add, which might take some time...??
03-01-2014, 11:56
(03-01-2014 09:52)markhp Wrote:  Thanks for letting me know, Simon. This would be a really useful addition to what is already a really excellent program. Presumably this is quite a major feature to add, which might take some time...??

I prefer not to give time estimates for new features like this, because unexpected difficulties can arise while developing and testing the feature. Also, there are still some user issues from 0.8.1 that I need to resolve before I can start work on further enhancements.
03-01-2014, 12:08
Thought that might be the answer Simon, but it was worth a try ;-) Thanks again for the work you've done on MinimServer/Streamer.