Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Album view - multi albums for compilations
21-12-2013, 10:55 (This post was last modified: 21-12-2013 11:35 by Foxman50.)
Album view - multi albums for compilations
Hi all

Im sure this will have been asked many times before but either i cant find it or just dont understand, which is more probable.

Im new to minimserver, which im trialing over "media server" that comes on my Synology NAS. I use nstream on ipad for a naim streamer to slect music, i think the term is control point.

My problem is that when i select music by the default album view, this is the only view i use, any compilation albums are split into multiple albums instead of being a single one.

Ive tagged the tracks so that "Album" and "Album Artist" are identical on all tracks and "Artist" has various different names depending on artist.

Therefore it seems that minimserver is separating each artist into a different album, even though the album tags are set to the same name.

Is there a setting within minimserver i can change to put these into a single album again. Many thanks

Just to add, what im really after is the album view to list albums only by referencing the "Album" tag only.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2013, 18:33
RE: Album view - multi albums for compilations
OK found it "mergefolderalbums" = true
29-01-2014, 07:20
I can't figure out how to insert a carriage return, I've unsuccessfully tried the usual (\r, \n).

I end up with something quiet close with a dash as a separator (Title.displayFormat={$artist$title^^^ - }). If any of you knows how to do it i'll be grateful.
29-01-2014, 07:31
(29-01-2014 07:20)arda Wrote:  I can't figure out how to insert a carriage return, I've unsuccessfully tried the usual (\r, \n).

I end up with something quiet close with a dash as a separator (Title.displayFormat={$artist$title^^^ - }). If any of you knows how to do it i'll be grateful.

Have you tried putting a carriage return inside a Title tag value within a music file? Are you sure the control point would do what you expect when it receives a title containing a carriage return? Which control point are you using?