Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MiniMServer only recognizes one Volume...
30-11-2013, 16:51
MiniMServer only recognizes one Volume...
Greetings all. I am evaluating three network players..the Plinius Tiki, the Marantz NA-11S1, and the Moon 380D/Mind combo.

I think MiniMServer is great!

I have one issue..I have my music spread across 4 drives attached to my MAC mini. MiniMServer only lists the contents of the first Volume in the Folder view, even though I have included all 4 in sharing. I tried everything.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2013, 17:17
RE: MiniMServer only recognizes one Volume...
(30-11-2013 16:51)Servingthemusic Wrote:  Greetings all. I am evaluating three network players..the Plinius Tiki, the Marantz NA-11S1, and the Moon 380D/Mind combo.

I have one issue..I have my music spread across 4 drives attached to my MAC mini. MiniMServer only lists the contents of the first Volume in the Folder view, even though I have included all 4 in sharing. I tried everything.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

What do you have in the MinimServer contentDir property? To make this work, you need four contentDir settings, one for each volume. You can see the contentDir setting by selecting Properties from the minim icon on the menu bar.
30-11-2013, 17:24
(30-11-2013 17:17)simoncn Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 16:51)Servingthemusic Wrote:  Greetings all. I am evaluating three network players..the Plinius Tiki, the Marantz NA-11S1, and the Moon 380D/Mind combo.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

What do you have in the MinimServer contentDir property? To make this work, you need four contentDir settings, one for each volume. You can see the contentDir setting by selecting Properties from the minim icon on the menu bar.

Hi Simon:

I have done just that. I had four separate contentDir entries...

/Volumes/XYZ etc...

One other thing, I often have to restart the computer to get MMS to
launch. I get stuck in yellow. I make sure to have other servers running. Any thoughts?
30-11-2013, 18:16
(30-11-2013 17:24)Servingthemusic Wrote:  Hi Simon:

/Volumes/XYZ etc...

launch. I get stuck in yellow. I make sure to have other servers running. Any thoughts?

You probably need to allow MinimServer more time to complete its initial scan of all your volumes. The "stuck in yellow" means the startup scan is still in progress. Try doing the following:

1) Select Exit from the minim icon to exit MinimServer
2) Relaunch MinimServer
3) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
4) In the log window, set the logging level to Verbose
5) The log window will show you what folders are being scanned
6) Eventually the log output should stop, the minim icon should become transparent, and all your volumes should be visible in folder view

After the initial scan, subsequent scans will be much quicker because MinimServer can use its cache to read most of the data. However, scanning an external volume won't be as fast as scanning an internal volume.
30-11-2013, 18:19
Smile RE: MiniMServer only recognizes one Volume...
(30-11-2013 18:16)simoncn Wrote:  

/Volumes/XYZ etc...

You probably need to allow MinimServer more time to complete its initial scan of all your volumes. The "stuck in yellow" means the startup scan is still in progress. Try doing the following:

2) Relaunch MinimServer
6) Eventually the log output should stop, the minim icon should become transparent, and all your volumes should be visible in folder view

After the initial scan, subsequent scans will be much quicker because MinimServer can use its cache to read most of the data. However, scanning an external volume won't be as fast as scanning an internal volume.

Super! I will do that. I had a feeling it may be related to what you outline. I have approx 6 TB of FLAC files.
30-11-2013, 21:34
(30-11-2013 18:16)simoncn Wrote:  

/Volumes/XYZ etc...

2) Relaunch MinimServer

Thank you kind sir. You nailed it. All drives and folders now on display.

THANK YOU!WinkWinkWink