Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
folder creation / Minim restart / kinsky problem
27-11-2013, 03:10
folder creation / Minim restart / kinsky problem
Simon..i created a folder last night and named it 'DSD music' and dragged all my DSD downloaded albums into it and then hit 'restart' with the hopes that it would populate my Kinsky folder section to better isolate this music. problem is that it did not create a folder in Kinsky. i also downloaded a Linn Christmas tract tonight of a Messiah piece and then hit restart and , again, cannot find it on my kinsky app...any ideas.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2013, 07:36
RE: folder creation / Minim restart / kinsky problem
(27-11-2013 03:10)calloway Wrote:  Simon..i created a folder last night and named it 'DSD music' and dragged all my DSD downloaded albums into it and then hit 'restart' with the hopes that it would populate my Kinsky folder section to better isolate this music. problem is that it did not create a folder in Kinsky. i also downloaded a Linn Christmas tract tonight of a Messiah piece and then hit restart and , again, cannot find it on my kinsky app...any ideas.

It sounds like you might need to adjust your contentDir settings to include the new folders you have created. Alternatively, you could place the new folders in a location that is being scanned by your existing contentDir settings.

From your previous post on a similar topic, I believe you have contentDir set to your 'Music' folder. In this case, the simplest solution is to drag the new folders with the additional music to a location within the 'Music' folder, then restart MinimServer.
27-11-2013, 18:26
Simon..that is a great idea..will try that tonight..dave
(27-11-2013 03:10)calloway Wrote:  Simon..i created a folder last night and named it 'DSD music' and dragged all my DSD downloaded albums into it and then hit 'restart' with the hopes that it would populate my Kinsky folder section to better isolate this music. problem is that it did not create a folder in Kinsky. i also downloaded a Linn Christmas tract tonight of a Messiah piece and then hit restart and , again, cannot find it on my kinsky app...any ideas.

It sounds like you might need to adjust your contentDir settings to include the new folders you have created. Alternatively, you could place the new folders in a location that is being scanned by your existing contentDir settings.

From your previous post on a similar topic, I believe you have contentDir set to your 'Music' folder. In this case, the simplest solution is to drag the new folders with the additional music to a location within the 'Music' folder, then restart MinimServer.
[/quote]
28-11-2013, 01:08
Simon..thanks...it worked perfectly..i am learning..
Simon..that is a great idea..will try that tonight..dave

[/quote]
[/quote]