• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
title with a carriage return
02-01-2014, 00:03
title with a carriage return
Hello,

I'd like to create a format string for my song that would look like as follow:
Artist
Title

I can't figure out how to insert a carriage return, I've unsuccessfully tried the usual (\r, \n).

I end up with something quiet close with a dash as a separator (Title.displayFormat={$artist$title^^^ - }). If any of you knows how to do it i'll be grateful.

Cheers,

Olivier
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2014, 10:54
RE: title with a carriage return
(02-01-2014 00:03)raton78 Wrote:  Hello,

I'd like to create a format string for my song that would look like as follow:
Artist
Title

I can't figure out how to insert a carriage return, I've unsuccessfully tried the usual (\r, \n).

I end up with something quiet close with a dash as a separator (Title.displayFormat={$artist$title^^^ - }). If any of you knows how to do it i'll be grateful.

Cheers,

Olivier

Do you know for certain that your control point would use a newline character in the Title value to display multiple lines? Which control point are you using?
23-04-2017, 15:24
RE: title with a carriage return
Same problem here. I use Linn Kazoo. In Kazoo, certain Tidal albums show tracks in a nice two-lines format with the (truncated) track title on the first line and an artist name on the second line. I have asked on the Linn Kazoo forum how a newline command looks like, please see https://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.php?tid=36597