Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gapless playback
26-08-2013, 10:33
Gapless playback
Is it possible to play gapless tracks which are present in some recordings without a gap in sound that I am experiencing at the moment? Any setting either in minimserver or the controller? Using Bubble upnp as controller and transcoding to wav24.

Thanks

best
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2013, 12:44
RE: Gapless playback
(26-08-2013 10:33)best Wrote:  Is it possible to play gapless tracks which are present in some recordings without a gap in sound that I am experiencing at the moment? Any setting either in minimserver or the controller? Using Bubble upnp as controller and transcoding to wav24.

Thanks

best

The ability to play gapless tracks depends on the renderer you are using. Which renderer is it?
26-08-2013, 12:54
CH Precision C1 in streaming mode
26-08-2013, 12:55
(26-08-2013 12:54)best Wrote:  CH Precision C1 in streaming mode

I'm not familiar with this renderer. Does it claim to support gapless playback?
28-08-2013, 07:23
(26-08-2013 12:55)simoncn Wrote:  
(26-08-2013 12:54)best Wrote:  CH Precision C1 in streaming mode

I'm not familiar with this renderer. Does it claim to support gapless playback?

Yes it does. But gapless doesn't work when I transcode to wav24 as I am doing now. When there is no transcoding applied, it works. Any solution to this?

best
28-08-2013, 08:33
(28-08-2013 07:23)best Wrote:  Yes it does. But gapless doesn't work when I transcode to wav24 as I am doing now. When there is no transcoding applied, it works. Any solution to this?

best

It's possible that the renderer uses metadata in the streamed tracks for its implementation of gapless playback. When you transcode from FLAC to WAV, the streamed WAV data doesn't include metadata. As a test, can you convert some tracks to WAV format offline and see if the resulting WAV files are played gaplessly? You can use dBpoweramp to do this offline conversion.
29-08-2013, 06:30
(28-08-2013 08:33)simoncn Wrote:  
(28-08-2013 07:23)best Wrote:  Yes it does. But gapless doesn't work when I transcode to wav24 as I am doing now. When there is no transcoding applied, it works. Any solution to this?

best

It's possible that the renderer uses metadata in the streamed tracks for its implementation of gapless playback. When you transcode from FLAC to WAV, the streamed WAV data doesn't include metadata. As a test, can you convert some tracks to WAV format offline and see if the resulting WAV files are played gaplessly? You can use dBpoweramp to do this offline conversion.
Okay the problem is only with wav24 transcoding. I did an offline conversion in db and it worked. Wav transcoding in minimserver also works. Its only wav24 that has a gap between tracks.

best
29-08-2013, 08:45
(29-08-2013 06:30)best Wrote:  Okay the problem is only with wav24 transcoding. I did an offline conversion in db and it worked. Wav transcoding in minimserver also works. Its only wav24 that has a gap between tracks.

best

Can you try an offline conversion to 24-bit WAV as well? The only difference should be the extra 8 bits of zero padding in each sample. It would also be useful to contact the manufacturers of the renderer to see if they have any explanation.
29-08-2013, 08:55
(29-08-2013 06:30)best Wrote:  Okay the problem is only with wav24 transcoding. I did an offline conversion in db and it worked. Wav transcoding in minimserver also works. Its only wav24 that has a gap between tracks.

best

With the Denon network players, gapless playback is only supported for FLAC and WAV files for selected sample/bit-rates, see http://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers...s-playback.
Maybe you can find similar information for your renderer.
30-08-2013, 05:36
(29-08-2013 08:45)simoncn Wrote:  

best

Can you try an offline conversion to 24-bit WAV as well? The only difference should be the extra 8 bits of zero padding in each sample. It would also be useful to contact the manufacturers of the renderer to see if they have any explanation.

Offline conversion to wav 24 works perfectly. Its now established that transcoding to wav24 that does not work. What solution is possible in this scenario?