Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorting Search Results
12-09-2018, 14:22
RE: Sorting Search Results
I'm unable to view the screenshot image because I'm unable to accept the advertising cookies that the imgur website wants to set in my browser. Please upload this image to the forum as a file attachment and delete the link from your post. Many thanks.

As you are always getting search results from the root folder, this means that your control point is always specifying the root container as the base container for the search. This has been discussed earlier in this thread (see posts 14, 15 and 16).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2018, 14:37
(12-09-2018 13:16)bubbleguuum Wrote:  
(12-09-2018 13:06)timster Wrote:  I take that to mean the CP would have to build the request from the point in the browse tree it is made. So if I'm browsing albums in Genre=Classical, Year=2017, and search "Britten", the "From Here" query would "simply" build the UPnP Search to be "search all albums from 2017 whose genre is classical that contain Britten.
Would a UI be needed? Doesn't Bubble already know the necessary information, kept in the browse history?

Yes it has the necessary info. Will look into it, although no promise. I was just elaborating on more advanced search requests, which apparently is off-topic.

Not off-topic. The OP was originally asking about the possibility of boolean searches, the thread drifted into searches in general and the "from here" idea came from that.
12-09-2018, 15:21
(12-09-2018 14:22)simoncn Wrote:  I'm unable to view the screenshot image because I'm unable to accept the advertising cookies that the imgur website wants to set in my browser. Please upload this image to the forum as a file attachment and delete the link from your post. Many thanks.

As you are always getting search results from the root folder, this means that your control point is always specifying the root container as the base container for the search. This has been discussed earlier in this thread (see posts 14, 15 and 16).

Hi Simon...here is the attachment

12-09-2018, 15:25
(12-09-2018 14:22)simoncn Wrote:  I'm unable to view the screenshot image because I'm unable to accept the advertising cookies that the imgur website wants to set in my browser. Please upload this image to the forum as a file attachment and delete the link from your post. Many thanks.

Thanks Simon

From what I understand then, Minimserver allows searching from any container but my particular control point (HiFi Cast) ignores this and will always search from the root?

DDJ
12-09-2018, 15:49
(12-09-2018 15:21)ddjksa Wrote:  Hi Simon...here is the attachment

Thanks for this. It looks correct according to the current sorting rules, assuming that "The" is an ignored prefix for albums.

songs from Beatles Triple Trackers
song from CD11...
song from Classic Cuts...
song from Complete Elvis...
song from Definitive...
...etc.

Quote:From what I understand then, Minimserver allows searching from any container but my particular control point (HiFi Cast) ignores this and will always search from the root?

Yes, that's correct.
12-09-2018, 16:03
(12-09-2018 15:49)simoncn Wrote:  
(12-09-2018 15:21)ddjksa Wrote:  Hi Simon...here is the attachment

Thanks for this. It looks correct according to the current sorting rules, assuming that "The" is an ignored prefix for albums.

songs from Beatles Triple Trackers
song from CD11...
song from Classic Cuts...
song from Complete Elvis...
song from Definitive...
...etc.

Quote:From what I understand then, Minimserver allows searching from any container but my particular control point (HiFi Cast) ignores this and will always search from the root?

Yes, that's correct.

Thanks Simon, you're quite right...I'd forgotten about 'The' being ignored. Brain freeze Big Grin
17-09-2018, 06:43
(12-09-2018 15:25)ddjksa Wrote:  

Thanks Simon

From what I understand then, Minimserver allows searching from any container but my particular control point (HiFi Cast) ignores this and will always search from the root?

DDJ

Hi,

The next version of the Hi-Fi Cast app will allow you to search from any container. There will be a new Search item in the context (3-dot) menu for all containers. The search in the toolbar will continue to search the entire library.

Cheers,
Brett
17-09-2018, 15:27
(17-09-2018 06:43)hificast Wrote:  
(12-09-2018 15:25)ddjksa Wrote:  

Thanks Simon

DDJ

Hi,

The next version of the Hi-Fi Cast app will allow you to search from any container. There will be a new Search item in the context (3-dot) menu for all containers. The search in the toolbar will continue to search the entire library.

Cheers,
Brett

Great news Brett Smile
17-10-2018, 09:48
(12-09-2018 10:14)simoncn Wrote:  I have investigated the unexpected sort order from "See all songs" in Hi-Fi Cast. The current sort order isn't random. It sorts by album name, then track number within the album.

In the next MinimServer update, the sort order for this list will change to the sort order for the "n items" list (track name first, then artist name, then date). The user can customize this sort order by setting the items.sortTags option in the tagOptions property.

This change is now available in MinimServer update 125.