Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BubbleDS not showing booklets
26-05-2018, 18:20
BubbleDS not showing booklets
The subject is not totally true. In BubbleDS:Next you have three tabs: "library", "playlist" and "Now Playing". The booklet is displayed and working in the first tab (Library) but not in the other two (the whole Description line is gone). This has always worked flawlessly until a month ago or so.

I am using QNAP, MinimServer, BubbleDS:Next and a Linn streamer. All are the latest versions. I have looked into the log-files of MinimServer and BubbleDS but can't find any errors logged there. All the components undergo regular updates so I am unclear where (or when) the problem started. The only thing I am certain of is that I haven't changed anything in the minim-config. I doubt that the Android control point is the problem because I have tried it on several devices with the same result. To make it even stranger, if I use BubbleUPNP on the same device everything works as it supposed to do, in all three tabs (?!).

Anybody else experiencing the same behavior? If so, found a solution? I am used to listen to music from the playlist with music from several albums and it is kind of annoying that I have to go to the albums-tab to get access to the booklets.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2018, 20:31 (This post was last modified: 27-05-2018 19:59 by simoncn.)
RE: BubbleDS not showing booklets
There have been no recent changes to MinimServer that could affect this. As the problem occurs only with BubbleDS and not with BubbleUPnP, it is very likely to be caused by a BubbleDS update. Have you asked the author of BubbleDS about this?
27-05-2018, 17:57
Just to let everybody know. I did ask Bubblesoft and he answered that it is done intentionally to fix another issue (too long description fields with Qobuz). This functionality will be available again in a future update where the description field will be truncated at the maximum length a Linn DS can handle.

(26-05-2018 20:31)simoncn Wrote:  There have ben no recent changes to MinimServer that could affect this. As the problem occurs only with BubbleDS and not with BubbleUPnP, it is very likely to be caused by a BubbleDS update. Have you asked the author of BubbleDS about this?
29-05-2018, 10:32
Hello Jan Willem (?) aka jw_niezink,

Thanks for your reply to my post on the Linn forum, leading me to this thread.
I think you put the problem into words even better than I did, especially where you write about the annoyance of having to go back to the library view to look up the booklet of one of the perhaps many albums you have chosen for the current playlist.

And although it is possible to use the Bubble UpnP app instead of the BubbleDS Next, such a workaround does have a disadvantage: Using BubbleDS I can use my Android phone, tablet and my PC (Kazoo) to view and alter the current playlist, whilst using Bubble UPnP, the playlist is only active on the device I start out with.

By the way: Did you ask Bubblesoft via the Linn forum? And if so, where could I find that post?

Let's all hope the new update will arrive soon!

Regards,

Hans Valeton
29-05-2018, 11:30
I did send Bubblesoft an email and he answered by email, so there is no post with an 'official' statement. To quote his complete reply:

"This is a regression introduced in the latest version of BubbleDS to fix another issue. Some Qobuz "description" fields were to long for the Linn DS to
handle, resulting in failure to add these tracks. Thus I removed the description field when adding items to the Linn DS Playlist. Hence its disappearance.

I will fix it in the next update truncating the "description" field to a maximum length instead."

So it will be fixed in the next update (whenever that may be).

(29-05-2018 10:32)hvaleton Wrote:  Hello Jan Willem (?) aka jw_niezink,

I think you put the problem into words even better than I did, especially where you write about the annoyance of having to go back to the library view to look up the booklet of one of the perhaps many albums you have chosen for the current playlist.

And although it is possible to use the Bubble UpnP app instead of the BubbleDS Next, such a workaround does have a disadvantage: Using BubbleDS I can use my Android phone, tablet and my PC (Kazoo) to view and alter the current playlist, whilst using Bubble UPnP, the playlist is only active on the device I start out with.

By the way: Did you ask Bubblesoft via the Linn forum? And if so, where could I find that post?

Regards,

Hans Valeton
05-10-2018, 10:50 (This post was last modified: 05-10-2018 10:52 by hvaleton.)
(29-05-2018 11:30)jw_niezink Wrote:  I did send Bubblesoft an email and he answered by email, so there is no post with an 'official' statement. To quote his complete reply:

"This is a regression introduced in the latest version of BubbleDS to fix another issue. Some Qobuz "description" fields were to long for the Linn DS to
handle, resulting in failure to add these tracks. Thus I removed the description field when adding items to the Linn DS Playlist. Hence its disappearance.

I will fix it in the next update truncating the "description" field to a maximum length instead."

So it will be fixed in the next update (whenever that may be).

(29-05-2018 10:32)hvaleton Wrote:  Hello Jan Willem (?) aka jw_niezink,

Regards,

Hans Valeton
It's been a few months now and still this problem hasn't been solved. Did I miss anything? Or are we still waiting for the update Bubble promised us in May? He mentioned it would be weeks before the new version would see the light of day....
By the way. it doesn't help (communications) that the Linn forum is temporarily closed due to some major product release in the near future that Linn prefers to be rather secretive about.