Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oracle/Java site down
04-03-2018, 19:22
Oracle/Java site down
Hi I bought a new laptop a few weeks ago and I have been trying to set up minim watch on it. I use a Qnap 251 Nas and the win 10 laptop cant/wont connect to oracle so that I can download Java... I get an incident number and error message from oracle saying site is down.

I have waited about 2 weeks now and the oracle site is still down.

No Java no updating of my Nas.

Can anyone help please.

Avalon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2018, 21:02 (This post was last modified: 04-03-2018 21:03 by simoncn.)
RE: Oracle/Java site down
You should be able to download the latest JRE 9 for Windows from this page (use the exe download).
17-03-2018, 13:23
(04-03-2018 21:02)simoncn Wrote:  You should be able to download the latest JRE 9 for Windows from this page (use the exe download).

Still no luck Simon, says that the site is down and an incident number.

Maybe its me, I use my older laptop which was win 7 upgraded to 10 to run minim watch and it still does, however its 7 year old now and I bought a new HP Pavilion win 10, its this machine that wont load minim watch, when I try it tells me that some elements are missing and can not complete the installation .

I know I cant use Microsoft edge as it doesn't support plug ins, and I was using google chrome.

Is this the problem ?

Avalon
17-03-2018, 14:06
Update;

I had a thought, none of my computers or phones or ipads can access the oracle site, so I turned wi fi off on my phone and using 4 g I connected to oracle, no incident number, no excuse stating that the oracle site is down.

I use a Bt Smart hub, I amusing dynamic DNS and the servers address on the DNS is 81.139.56.100

Avalon
17-03-2018, 14:22
Is https://java.com/en/download/ the site you are using? It works perfectly well for me. I (quite deliberately) do not use the BT hub, even though BT is my ISP.

David
18-03-2018, 01:27
(17-03-2018 14:22)DavidHB Wrote:  Is https://java.com/en/download/ the site you are using? It works perfectly well for me. I (quite deliberately) do not use the BT hub, even though BT is my ISP.

David

Hi David,
Unfortunately that link doesn’t work either. I seem to have stumbled upon a paradox Rolleyes

Avalon
18-03-2018, 08:22
What is the complete exact error message that you are getting and what is the incident number?
18-03-2018, 13:27
(18-03-2018 08:22)simoncn Wrote:  What is the complete exact error message that you are getting and what is the incident number?

This site http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/j...48532.html is experiencing technical difficulty. We are aware of the issue and are working as quick as possible to correct the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

To speak with an Oracle sales representative: 1.800.ORACLE1.

To contact Oracle Corporate Headquarters from anywhere in the world: 1.650.506.7000.

To get technical support in the United States: 1.800.633.0738.

Incident Number: 18.c6d3dead.1521376016.167bf9e4
18-03-2018, 13:42
A quick web search for the error message shows a few people reporting the same problem but no-one can explain why it happens. My guess is some kind of configuration issue with your router.
18-03-2018, 13:47
(18-03-2018 13:42)simoncn Wrote:  A quick web search for the error message shows a few people reporting the same problem but no-one can explain why it happens. My guess is some kind of configuration issue with your router.

Well that may be, however I cant think what it would be, I am using dynamic DNS, haven't restricted traffic, no parental controls, the only thing I use the BT manager page for is to reserve Ip addresses for my Nases.

Must admit it has me lost.

Can I get a zipped version of that file anywhere? then I could unzip it and get the java file on my LT

Avalon