Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kazoo Tagging Error
26-08-2017, 22:57
Kazoo Tagging Error
Hi Simon,

Thanks for being available for users. I searched the Forums, but couldn't find an answer to my issue.

I've been using Linn Kazoo to manage and play my music. I'm transferring many of my files from an external hard drive to my new NAS, while also ripping CDs directly to the NAS, using dBpoweramp. I have a few instances where 2 different albums (with different album titles) from the same Artist, display as "Items" first, then show the 2 albums right next to it. The Artist, Album Artist, Album Name tagging all seem to be correct, but when I click on "Artist" in Kazoo, it shows me an "Items" folder, first (for example, 29 items), then it shows me the 2 Albums (via Album Artwork) by that artist.

How do I identify what I need to correct in the tags, so it just shows me the number of Albums, instead of the "Items" folder?

Thank you so much.

Raoul
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2017, 09:36
RE: Kazoo Tagging Error
There is nothing wrong with your tags. The '# items' folder was added to this display some time ago by user request to provide a means of selecting all tracks by an artist for adding to the playlist in a single operation. It appears automatically and there isn't a configuration setting to remove it.
27-08-2017, 13:19
(27-08-2017 09:36)simoncn Wrote:  There is nothing wrong with your tags. The '# items' folder was added to this display some time ago by user request to provide a means of selecting all tracks by an artist for adding to the playlist in a single operation. It appears automatically and there isn't a configuration setting to remove it.

Thanks for your reply, Simon. I understand the "Items" folder appearing automatically, and that's a nice feature. What I'm referring to, is when I click on the Artist's name, the first folder I see is "Items", then directly to the right of that, it displays the 2 "Albums" by that "Artist". This has only happened on 2 of the 100+ Artists that I have loaded. On all others, when I click on the Artist's name, it displays "Albums", below that, "Items", then "Date".

Would a screenshot of each help?
27-08-2017, 20:46
It sounds like the artists where you get a list of albums without a Date choice have albums that all share the same Date. In this case, MinimServer doesn't show a Date choice because it would not be "useful" for further selection within the album list.
30-08-2017, 15:04
(27-08-2017 20:46)simoncn Wrote:  It sounds like the artists where you get a list of albums without a Date choice have albums that all share the same Date. In this case, MinimServer doesn't show a Date choice because it would not be "useful" for further selection within the album list.

Thanks, Simon, sorry for the delayed response. I'll check the Dates in the Tags for those 2 Albums by the same Artist, and see if changing them helps in any way.

Also, I'm going to post some screenshots of what I see (just for the 1 Artist I'm having trouble with) along with what I'd like to see, which is the way ALL my other Artists and their Albums are displaying in Kazoo.

Thanks, again, I'll post those this afternoon.
30-08-2017, 20:34 (This post was last modified: 30-08-2017 20:37 by shroffymusic.)
Simon, here are the pics I was referring to...when I'm in Linn Kazoo.

1. I select "Artist" from this view

2. Then, I select the "Artist" I would like to listen to...Dirty Loops or Disclosure

3. Then, I get the "Albums", "Item", "Date", or "Genre" folders, and then I select "Albums".

4. When I click "Album", on every "Artist", but Dirty Loops, I get this view...just the Album Artwork for the "Albums" I have by that "Artist"

5. This is the view I'm trying to correct, and it only happens for this "Artist", Dirty Loops, once I click their name. I get this view with the "Items" tile, first, then the 2 "Albums", as opposed to the view for Disclosure...which is just the "Albums"...no "Items" tile. The "Artist" and "Album Artist" tags are correct for Dirty Loops, with the "Album" title being slightly different for each.

Sorry for the lengthy post and discussion, but I'm really particular about organizing my library (I have 2000 more CDs to load), and I would like to know how I can eliminate that "Items" tile from that last pic, so it only shows the Album Art for each Album.

Thanks, again, for your time and efforts.

*sorry for the pics being turned sideways, didn't know they would show up like that*

Any suggestions?
30-08-2017, 22:10
Thanks for the pics. They show that MinimServer is working as intended.

The screen you don't like is a combination of the two separate screens that you are getting for all the other artists:

1) a screen giving you a choice of Date and Genre (plus choices for lists of albums and items), followed by

2) a screen showing just the list of albums

The combined screen goes straight to the list of albums (cuts out screen 1) because the Date and Genre choices would not be "useful" for this set of albums (see my previous post explaining this). In addition, you get the "list of items" choice that would normally have been displayed on screen 1.
06-09-2017, 21:56
(30-08-2017 22:10)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for the pics. They show that MinimServer is working as intended.

The screen you don't like is a combination of the two separate screens that you are getting for all the other artists:

1) a screen giving you a choice of Date and Genre (plus choices for lists of albums and items), followed by

2) a screen showing just the list of albums

The combined screen goes straight to the list of albums (cuts out screen 1) because the Date and Genre choices would not be "useful" for this set of albums (see my previous post explaining this). In addition, you get the "list of items" choice that would normally have been displayed on screen 1.
Thanks for the detailed explanation, Simon, I'm slowly becoming familiar with how all of this works. I'm new to music servers and organizing a library, so my apologies if I'm asking too many questions.

Is there any way to modify/edit the tags of these albums to get "screen 1", first, then click "Albums", and have it take me to "screen 2"?

For example, modify/edit the Date and/or Genre tags for Dirty Loops?
06-09-2017, 23:02
If you want to do the extra click every time you view the albums by this artist, you could give each album a different Date.