Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duplicate album with one or two tracks
16-07-2017, 11:16
Duplicate album with one or two tracks
Hi all,

New to MinimServer, been using it as an alternative to Asset because of Kazoo iPad issues.

When I select albums to view, several albums appear twice on the screen, one with only one or two tracks in it.

For example Alphonse Mouzon album Back to Jazz appears twice. One contains all the tracks. The second version contains only on track.

The second version has just one track listed as track 12.
The first version does contain this track but its listed as track 3.

This is repeated on about 30/40 albums out of 2000.

I check on Media monkey and basic information and the tracks are listed ok, not duplicated and as per the full album icon.

Any ideas how these "dummy" albums with odd tracks are generated and/or removed.

Excuse my base understanding here.

Kind Regards

RR
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2017, 21:31
RE: Duplicate album with one or two tracks
You might have MinimServer set to scan a folder such as Trash or Recycle Bin that contains the additional incorrect track.

You can use Kinsky on Windows or BubbleUPnP on Android to find the folder location of the incorrect track. Do you have access to a Windows or Android machine?
17-07-2017, 09:57
Hi Simon,

Yes I have a Windows machine too, a Dell laptop with windows 7 running.. I use it to rip my cd's on dBpoweramp.

For reference the problem occurs using Minimserver. The same happens on my Dell Laptop with Kinsky or Kazoo. My MacBook Pro with Kinsky or Kazoo. My IiPad with Kinsky or Kazoo.

Also some albums 10/15 or so do not show the album art on album browse screen but do show art when album selected. Not a major problem btw as I have 3000 albums ripped.

I don't get the problem with Asset on any of the above machines.

As background but not for this forum, I am using Minimserver to try it out as Kazoo quality is variable on my Apple devices at present (ages to load screens and keeps missing album art off when playing albums nod viewing on iPad full screen).

Kinsky is fine on Asset, seems I have a Kazoo/apple/asset issue but thats another matter for another forum.

apart from the above blips I am very pleased with how Minimserver is working. I quite like the fact it will play multiple cd albums as one.

Kindest Regsrds

RR

(16-07-2017 21:31)simoncn Wrote:  You might have MinimServer set to scan a folder such as Trash or Recycle Bin that contains the additional incorrect track.

You can use Kinsky on Windows or BubbleUPnP on Android to find the folder location of the incorrect track. Do you have access to a Windows or Android machine?
17-07-2017, 13:49
To find the folder location of one of the incorrect tracks, you can do the following:

1) Install Linn Kinsky on your Windows machine
2) In Kinsky, navigate to the incorrect track
3) Right-click on the incorrect track and select Details
4) The Uri field (near the bottom of the list of fields) contains information about the folder location of the incorrect track. This information is encoded, with *20 representing a space, etc. If you copy and paste the complete contents of the Uri field into a post here, I will let you know what the folder location is.
17-07-2017, 16:39
(17-07-2017 13:49)simoncn Wrote:  To find the folder location of one of the incorrect tracks, you can do the following:

4) The Uri field (near the bottom of the list of fields) contains information about the folder location of the incorrect track. This information is encoded, with *20 representing a space, etc. If you copy and paste the complete contents of the Uri field into a post here, I will let you know what the folder location is.

Hi there,

Its

http://192.168.73.101:9790/minimserver/*...ode-24.wav

There are several albums applicable. Do you need anymore?

Many thanks

Martin

Kind Regards
17-07-2017, 16:42
(17-07-2017 16:39)Red Rooster Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 13:49)simoncn Wrote:  To find the folder location of one of the incorrect tracks, you can do the following:

Hi there,

Its

There are several albums applicable. Do you need anymore?

Many thanks

Martin

Kind Regards

Hi ,

for reference the track is showing correctly in this album space

Regards

M
17-07-2017, 17:45
The incorrect track is '09 George Duke - I Need You Now.flac' in the folder 'Multimedia/Jake's Choice'.

The corrrect track is '09 George Duke - I Need You Now.flac' in the folder 'Multimedia/George Duke/A Brazilian Love Affair'.
17-07-2017, 19:19
Simon,

Most kind. Thank you.

Martin

(17-07-2017 17:45)simoncn Wrote:  The incorrect track is '09 George Duke - I Need You Now.flac' in the folder 'Multimedia/Jake's Choice'.

The corrrect track is '09 George Duke - I Need You Now.flac' in the folder 'Multimedia/George Duke/A Brazilian Love Affair'.