Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
File Path
06-06-2017, 13:07
File Path
I want to be able to correct tagging errors on music I find in Kinsky/Minimserver

I have the tool (MP3Tag) to do this but need to know the file path to easily access the album

I have included path in indexTags but this does not give any change

Have I missed a step?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2017, 05:54
RE: File Path
Have you tried Kazoo? The extended info (three dots) shows the path.
09-06-2017, 09:35
(09-06-2017 05:54)antonmb Wrote:  Have you tried Kazoo? The extended info (three dots) shows the path.
Hi
Thanks, yes I do use Kazoo (it has a very good search facility) but I cannot find the file path - is this screenshot what you are talking about?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-06-2017, 16:10
Yes, I know it's clunky but the artwork location shows you the folder where files are located.
09-06-2017, 20:21
(09-06-2017 16:10)antonmb Wrote:  Yes, I know it's clunky but the artwork location shows you the folder where files are located.

Yes, too clunky for any real editing work.

I had rather hoped there was a configuration of index tags that would let me access the path tag directly in a view.

When I open (back to Kinsky) Artist / Album / I can see various tags displayed; Album,Artist etc. Can I not add path to that view?
10-06-2017, 10:00
(09-06-2017 20:21)Alan Robinson Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 16:10)antonmb Wrote:  Yes, I know it's clunky but the artwork location shows you the folder where files are located.

I had rather hoped there was a configuration of index tags that would let me access the path tag directly in a view.

When I open (back to Kinsky) Artist / Album / I can see various tags displayed; Album,Artist etc. Can I not add path to that view?
What about using MP3Tag to add the filepath as a field, then you could configure MinimServer to browse by this field like any other field.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2017, 14:24
(10-06-2017 10:00)paultaylor Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 20:21)Alan Robinson Wrote:  

What about using MP3Tag to add the filepath as a field, then you could configure MinimServer to browse by this field like any other field.
I have done the first bit, my problem is the configuration of Minimserver. I have added Path to indexTags. But this does not seem to work, are there any other changes to be made to the Properties?

I have just launched a rescan to make doubly sure this change has not had the desired effect
10-06-2017, 16:34
My rescan did not produce anything to do with path tag
11-06-2017, 13:22
(06-06-2017 13:07)Alan Robinson Wrote:  I want to be able to correct tagging errors on music I find in Kinsky/Minimserver

I have the tool (MP3Tag) to do this but need to know the file path to easily access the album

I have included path in indexTags but this does not give any change

Have I missed a step?

Hi
Just to understand your problem, where do you have your files and what folder structure do you have?
HaNu
11-06-2017, 18:57 (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 19:00 by paultaylor.)
(10-06-2017 14:24)Alan Robinson Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 10:00)paultaylor Wrote:  What about using MP3Tag to add the filepath as a field, then you could configure MinimServer to browse by this field like any other field.
I have done the first bit, my problem is the configuration of Minimserver. I have added Path to indexTags. But this does not seem to work, are there any other changes to be made to the Properties?

I have just launched a rescan to make doubly sure this change has not had the desired effect
So you have added a field called Path to MP3Tag and put some values into it, and then you have added a field called Path to indexTags and yet there is no Path index to browse by in Kazoo. If you like you could email support@jthink.net one of your music files I will check for you to see if the path is actually embedded within the file metadata.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user