Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALAC : WAV Transcoding doesn't work for me
15-04-2016, 12:46
ALAC : WAV Transcoding doesn't work for me
Hello,

I am using Minimserver on my Synology DS214play NAS, with the watcher app installed on my Mac. I have installed MinimStreamer via packages and there are no red warnings in my settings.

I have ffmepg in the stream.converter.

In stream.transcode I have: alac:wav, aac:wav, mp4:wav, (to cover all bases, it also fails to work with simply alac:wav)

When I play a file via Linn Kazoo it will be added to the queue, but will not play. Looking at the info of the file it is being reported as a wav file, so it's nearly there. The URL for the file has trasncode & wav in it.

Attempting to stream to chromecast audio.

Any advice? It's driving me crackers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2016, 15:09
RE: ALAC : WAV Transcoding doesn't work for me
(15-04-2016 12:46)Chamzamzoo Wrote:  Hello,

I am using Minimserver on my Synology DS214play NAS, with the watcher app installed on my Mac. I have installed MinimStreamer via packages and there are no red warnings in my settings.

I have ffmepg in the stream.converter.

In stream.transcode I have: alac:wav, aac:wav, mp4:wav, (to cover all bases, it also fails to work with simply alac:wav)

When I play a file via Linn Kazoo it will be added to the queue, but will not play. Looking at the info of the file it is being reported as a wav file, so it's nearly there. The URL for the file has trasncode & wav in it.

Attempting to stream to chromecast audio.

Any advice? It's driving me crackers.

What are you using as the UPnP renderer? What is the resolution of the file you are trying to play? Perhaps the UPnP renderer doesn't support this resolution.
18-04-2016, 10:51
Ah yes that would've been useful information!

It's going via BubbleUPNP server > OpenHome renderer > Chromecast audio.

44,100KHz / 16bit, .m4a, 891.60kbit/s data rate

X Lossless Decoder, QuickTime 7.6.0 - Apple Lossless.

I can make this file available if needed. I have the same problem with all my other files in ALAC also.
18-04-2016, 11:28 (This post was last modified: 18-04-2016 20:06 by simoncn.)
(18-04-2016 10:51)Chamzamzoo Wrote:  Ah yes that would've been useful information!

It's going via BubbleUPNP server > OpenHome renderer > Chromecast audio.

44,100KHz / 16bit, .m4a, 891.60kbit/s data rate

X Lossless Decoder, QuickTime 7.6.0 - Apple Lossless.

I can make this file available if needed. I have the same problem with all my other files in ALAC also.

Thanks for this information.

By "OpenHome renderer", do you mean the renderer that can be downloaded from this page or do you mean that BubbleUPnP Server is wrapping Chromecast audio to produce an OpenHome renderer?

Have you tried to play other file formats transcoded to WAV or only ALAC files?

Have you tried to play any native WAV files that are not transcoded?
18-04-2016, 19:07
Hi

I've tried the same thing on a number of occasions and sometimes it works but most recently not. I don't believe its the file formats causing the issue as when I did get it to work, Ive been able to play flac files of 16 and 24 bit.

The Chromecast when wrapped by BubbleUPNP as an openhome renderer appears in Kazoo (or Kinsky) and files can be sent to it. But they dont appear to start playing, the "clock" in Kazoo stays at 0.

Ive put it down to my rather primitive router that I'm using at the moment. At the same time, I can cast to the Chromecast most of the time, but thats a bit flakey too. I just dont think the Chromecast likes being used as a DLNA or Upnp renderer unless everything is just right. And it certainly doesnt like it if you try to change the volume!

Just my findings and I'd be pleased if someone has a simple fix.

Streaming from a Synology 1511+ to a Cyrus Stream XP2 QX, 2x Roberts 93i, A Revo Superconnect, a Mede8er 600 3D and a few Squeezeboxes thrown in!
01-02-2017, 14:47 (This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 16:12 by Snico.)
Hello,

I have same config (except I use the Lumin app on Ipad), with same result..

Did you find a solution in the meantime ?