Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Auto Rescan package for Synology users (formerly known as Auto Restart package)
10-01-2013, 18:14 (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 18:16 by winxi.)
RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users
(10-01-2013 16:34)alegend Wrote:  yeah I already set 777 for downloaded files but still it says no permission....i dont know why

Please specify an example of the full set of permissions, the owner and the group (basically what 'ls -l' would output) of such a directory/file created by sabnzbd. This will hopefully enable me to reproduce this problem. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2013, 21:13 (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 21:14 by alegend.)
Full permission looks like:
drwxrwxrwx

I did some testing again...and I found out it works perfect!
Although in the log "NO PERMISSION" is put out...
but....it doesnt work when the syno has been restartet. (and that means it doesnt work when SABnzbd sends a file to the watched dir and also not when I change anything in that dir using windows explorer)
After a restart (mine shuts down every night) i have to stop the minimserver auto restart package and then restart it.
When I did this, every lil change gets recognized...

Is it possible that there has to be kinda "wait" command so that the autorestart package starts when minimserver process started completely?(after a reboot)
11-01-2013, 23:44 (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 23:44 by winxi.)
(11-01-2013 21:13)alegend Wrote:  Full permission looks like:
drwxrwxrwx

Hi, please post the full output of ls -l for such a directory created by sabnzbd. I think I know the reason for the problem and it may be fixed.
A MinimServer restart is not related to this.
12-01-2013, 09:02 (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 09:30 by alegend.)
OK, szenario:

I just got up went to my pc and entered my music folder, chose any file which was NOT crated by sabnzbd, a pretty old file which is in the minim database.
I changed its foldername...nothing happens. minimserver doesnt get restartet and the file doesnt get updated in the database.
Now I stopped minimserver package and minimserver auto restart package, restartet minimserver, and then autorestart package.
Then i changed the particular folder again to another name - this resultet in a minimserver restart and a fix of my changed foldername!
So I assume it has to be something with the order of the packages starting after a reboot...

sab ls -l output looks like:
drwxrwxrwx 2 sabnzbd users 4096 Jan 12 07:48 dixie
12-01-2013, 17:15
Hi, I've updated the first post with v0.2. To avoid 'Permission denied' errors set the inotifyRoot-property to 'true' and restart the package.
Please report back how it works.
12-01-2013, 19:38
i changed inotifyroot to true and did a full restart of the diskstation...
Result is same as before - Database doenst get updated.
I have to quit minimserver and also the autorestart package then it gets updated

The log tells me minimserver seems not to be responsive - 5 times in a row.
After i stopped both and restartet both (first minimserver then autorestart package) it doesnt say this anymore...
12-01-2013, 20:08
(12-01-2013 19:38)alegend Wrote:  i changed inotifyroot to true and did a full restart of the diskstation...
Result is same as before - Database doenst get updated.
I have to quit minimserver and also the autorestart package then it gets updated

The log tells me minimserver seems not to be responsive - 5 times in a row.
After i stopped both and restartet both (first minimserver then autorestart package) it doesnt say this anymore...

Hi, the order of starting the packages shouldn't matter at all, they operate independently.
The message that MinimServer seems to be not responsive appears when the Auto Restart package detects that MinimServer is running, queries the current status from MinimServer and MinimServer does not respond. The only reason for this I can think of now is that your NAS is just too busy at startup. Once again, a version with an increased related timeout is attached. Please try again and if it still does the same, pleast post the logfiles. Thanks!

Attached File(s)
.spk  AutoRestart-0.2a.spk (Size: 39 KB / Downloads: 3)
12-01-2013, 22:03
i now used again a dir with only 2 albums in it...
also doesnt work
i dont see any permission errors anymore - good:-)
but still no changes get recognized.
For testing i changed the name of the dir
See the logs attached.

Nothing happens

Attached File(s)
.zip  minim.zip (Size: 1.59 KB / Downloads: 2)
12-01-2013, 22:30
I now tried 2 things
1. Before I rebooted i stopped minimserver package and kept autorestart package running
After boot up has finished i started minimserver and changed a foldername => this got recognized by autorestart package!

2. Before I rebootet I stopped autorestart package nd kept minimserver running.
After boot up has finisted I started autorestart package and changed a foldername => didnt get recognized and the log showed no response from minimserver!

maybe this info will help?
12-01-2013, 23:11 (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 23:12 by winxi.)
(12-01-2013 22:30)alegend Wrote:  I now tried 2 things
1. Before I rebooted i stopped minimserver package and kept autorestart package running
After boot up has finished i started minimserver and changed a foldername => this got recognized by autorestart package!

2. Before I rebootet I stopped autorestart package nd kept minimserver running.
After boot up has finisted I started autorestart package and changed a foldername => didnt get recognized and the log showed no response from minimserver!

maybe this info will help?

Hi, thanks for doing these tests! Is the problem with test 2) reproducible? If so, please repeat test 2) and then logon via ssh and type the following:

Code:
cd /volume1/@tmp
ls -l

Please post the full ouput of the ls command and also again the log-files. Many thanks!