Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qobuz or Wimp streaming using Minimserver
07-06-2014, 19:18
Qobuz or Wimp streaming using Minimserver
Is there a way to capture the music stream from either Qobuz or Wimp through Minimserver to play through a UPnP Pioneer receiver?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2014, 15:19 (This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 15:20 by simoncn.)
RE: Qobuz or Wimp streaming using Minimserver
(07-06-2014 19:18)Cornell77 Wrote:  Is there a way to capture the music stream from either Qobuz or Wimp through Minimserver to play through a UPnP Pioneer receiver?

Not at present. Support for streaming services such as Qobuz and WiMP is a possible future enhancement to MinimStreamer.
08-06-2014, 23:19
Thanks for having it on your potential list. I think it would be a very nice feature!
09-06-2014, 19:59
I also agree
a very nice feature
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2014, 10:47
Yes I am in for that feature.
05-02-2015, 13:53
I would just add my vote for this enhancement too. I am pretty certain there are a lot more folk out there that are keen on this judging by the Linn forum alone. Linn has integrated Tidal but I suspect is less keen on Qobuz because it 'sells as well as rents' music and TBH waiting on any customer driven enhancement from Linn is a little like waiting for the Forest Green to win the Champions League - i.e. I can dream on.

I am genuinely impressed with Qobuz content - the streaming works well and I have been picking up a lot of new music (purchase), hi-res mainly. The only disadvantage is not being able to stream it directly rather than rely on songcast. Hopefully minimserver can add this. I guess it's an issue of a one off verification and some verified details/code or whatever would need to be stored somewhere or login manually each time which might be tedious but I will leave that to someone far smarter . . . . Simon Smile
05-02-2015, 14:37
Should have added - is there any manual way around this? Right now I would be willing to put up with the extra hassle just to be able to do it TBH.
05-02-2015, 15:42 (This post was last modified: 05-02-2015 15:42 by simoncn.)
(05-02-2015 14:37)Martin H Wrote:  Should have added - is there any manual way around this? Right now I would be willing to put up with the extra hassle just to be able to do it TBH.

There is no way to do this currently.

I think it would require significantly more work to add this than you are expecting. For example, MinimServer would need to provide a way for you to browse, search and select files that aren't stored in your MinimServer library.
05-02-2015, 16:06
(05-02-2015 15:42)simoncn Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 14:37)Martin H Wrote:  Should have added - is there any manual way around this? Right now I would be willing to put up with the extra hassle just to be able to do it TBH.

There is no way to do this currently.

I think it would require significantly more work to add this than you are expecting. For example, MinimServer would need to provide a way for you to browse, search and select files that aren't stored in your MinimServer library.

Yes -sorry I realised that after I posted. I was just musing on whether a combination of playlists and search might mitigate that a little but suspect it would be asking a lot. I am not sure how they handle this elsewhere. The only alternate I could think of was that the selection be done at Qobuz but pointed at minimserver or pointed at Linn by minimserver as a stream. The latter I suspect you wouldn't feel was relevant for you to develop however. I did wonder if your conversion streaming software offered anything here but I suspect not.

So my next recommendation is that you start developing control point products Simon, but I am guessing you have enough on your plate Smile

All good fun thinking of stuff to drive someone else crazy Smile
06-02-2015, 11:53
(05-02-2015 16:06)Martin H Wrote:  Yes -sorry I realised that after I posted. I was just musing on whether a combination of playlists and search might mitigate that a little but suspect it would be asking a lot. I am not sure how they handle this elsewhere. The only alternate I could think of was that the selection be done at Qobuz but pointed at minimserver or pointed at Linn by minimserver as a stream. The latter I suspect you wouldn't feel was relevant for you to develop however. I did wonder if your conversion streaming software offered anything here but I suspect not.

I am thinking about future possibilities in this area.

Quote:So my next recommendation is that you start developing control point products Simon, but I am guessing you have enough on your plate Smile

All good fun thinking of stuff to drive someone else crazy Smile

Trying to develop a control point as well as working on MinimServer probably would drive me crazy! Smile