Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grey icon of Minimwatch, Minimwatch does not see Minimserver
03-06-2019, 11:47 (This post was last modified: 03-06-2019 12:00 by Gijs Schubert.)
RE: Grey icon of Minimwatch, Minimwatch does not see Minimserver
Simon,
I use Windows version 10 Home.
Whenever I launched MinimWatch in the past, I never saw a firewall dialog asking whether I wanted to block allow connections to Java. How can I see this dialogue?
Just to be sure, I checked where the programs java.exe, javaw.exe and javaws.exe are located on my PC, and added all these locations manually to the list of allowed Inbound rules. But no improvement. I cannot find *.jar files from Java.

Thank you for advising how to configure Minimserver using console commands. Apologies but I do not understand your instruction:
You could run this command from a Command prompt window: "C:\Program Files\MinimWatch\bin\mscript" -a 192.168.2.10

I tried two ways to follow your advice.

1) The Windows CMD app gives as default directory C:\Users\annek>
When I enter the command mscript, I get the following message:
'mscript' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Should I first go to the folder C:\Program Files\MinimWatch\bin\ ? Which command should I use to go to that folder?
When I enter the command "dir C:\Program Files\MinimWatch\bin" or "dir C:\Program Files\MinimWatch\bin\", the message is "The system cannot find the specified path" whilst for sure it exists!

2) The folder C:\Program Files\MinimWatch\bin\ shows the files "mscript.cmd" and "startc.cmd". When I double click on mscript.cmd or press enter on it, I get a new window with the MScript error message 'C:Users\annek\Appdata\Roaming\Minimserver\data' is not a directory.
When I press "OK", I am back in the directory. How should I execute this CMD line?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grey icon of Minimwatch, Minimwatch does not see Minimserver - Gijs Schubert - 03-06-2019 11:47