Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best client for macOS / iOS?
13-02-2019, 23:41
Best client for macOS / iOS?
This is probably a really stupid question, and has been answered more than once already, but I'm afraid I haven't found the right threads and am a bit overwhelmed with Control Points and Renderers and whatnots.Huh

I have all my music on a Synology NAS, from where I can play it over two Sonos systems (I hope I'm allowed to mention this here). Additionally, there's Plex running on the Synology, which the young one uses to play his music.

Since I listen mostly to Classical music, Plex' ultra-simple organization is not very helpful, and there are plans to stop using it.

However, what I don't "get" is (apart from quite a lot about how MinimServer works, but that'll come later): how does one best play music that's hosted on a NAS and streamed by MinimServer on a MacOS computer and/or an iOS device?

All UPnP player software I've seen so far is either very old and/or even less visually pleasing than Sonos.

Did I miss some great players that are somewhat capable for classical music (no need to be able to filter by recording engineer or even conductor/orchestra – I'd be quite happy to have composers and multiple album artists) and are easy to use? Maybe something like Vox, but with a one-time fee, no "Premium" subscriptions stuff? Being able to visually scroll albums and maybe even artists would be a big plus.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Best client for macOS / iOS? - philby - 13-02-2019 23:41