Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you access the package manager from QNAP
11-06-2018, 07:27
RE: How do you access the package manager from QNAP
Hi again, it is a QNAP TS-431P which is a four drive unit. When you install the MinimServer the content directory field is blank. If I had seen the /share/ already I would have been good to go. With all the different models it doesn't surprise me that the auto populate feature of your installer didn't work.

I have successfully installed Minim Watch and when I start it up I get a half note icon for the local server. If I start it up again I get another one and I can see that it is connected to the QNAP (as per your documentation)

I would like to set the System | stream.converter value to /Applications/Utilities/ffmpeg/ffmpeg and the stream.transcode values to alac:wav,flac:wav as before but unfortunately the new System field doesn't contain those values any more. Can you tell me how to set the stream converter and transcode values in the new software?

As a comment, the specifications of the QNAP lead me to believe that it would be technically possible to run stream conversion and transcoding onboard without relying upon an external computer. What do you think?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you access the package manager from QNAP - Jack42 - 11-06-2018 07:27