Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble Playing DSD128 on Melco N1Z > USB > PS Audio DirectStream
31-12-2017, 17:08
RE: Trouble Playing DSD128 on Melco N1Z > USB > PS Audio DirectStream
(31-12-2017 16:48)GreenMtnGringo Wrote:  According to Chord's website, your DAVE DAC supports native DSD playback. By contrast, my PS Audio DirectStream DAC plays DSD only in DoP mode (except for its I2S inputs, which purportedly accept native DSD). As such, I would assume you do not need to convert DSD to WAV or DoP, in the Melco or via MinimServer. I am listening to a DSD128 file on my Melco HDD as I type this (Twonky > USB > DAC), with the Melco set to "DSD over PCM priority mode." It is working as intended and sounding quite good.

Which version of the Melco firmware are you running? I have v3.72 and I do not see a way to switch off Twonky.

Thanks.
I am running 3.72 and cannot see a way to switch off Twonky from the user guide. There is a way to do it by editing a MinimServer config file that Simon has documented on the MinimServer Melco Install pages. It is quite easy to do.
As for my DAVE and "Native" DSD, I remain confused! I have Audirvana on my MacBook and that detects if a USB DAC can support DSD "Natively", i.e. non DoP. My little iFi Nano supports it but not my DAVE and that appears to be confirmed by the display on my N1ZH. So I remain unsure as to the precise data transport system used between the renderer and DAVE.

Melco N1ZH/2 (updated to EX) MinimServer2, Chord M Scaler, DAVE, SPM1200MKII, Wilson Benesch Vectors
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trouble Playing DSD128 on Melco N1Z > USB > PS Audio DirectStream - beckphotonik - 31-12-2017 17:08