Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Install MinimStreamer on Windows 2016 Core - no network
22-08-2017, 13:09
Install MinimStreamer on Windows 2016 Core - no network
Hello everybody, I am trying to set-up minimstreamer / minimserver on a Windows 2016 Server Core PC which has NO network connection (i.e. no access to the internet).

I have installed minimserver 0.8.4 update 101.

Due to the lack of GUI in W2016 core mode, I assume I need to run and make all the configurations by command line.

I am familiar with the set-up and configuration in GUI-based Windows operation, but I am struggling in core mode.

By now I have been able to arrange things so to play wav files from my library with Upplay.

Now I want to add MinimStreamer in order to add the transcoding capabilities needed to play all other types of music files.

My first problem is how to install MinimStreamer. I have tried the "packages" command from the console but I get "unable to access the list of available packages", which I think is due to the lack of an internet connection (?).

How can I move on? Is there a way to access the MinimStreamer 0.6.4 package (jmpkg file and all needed code) directly so that I download it and copy it on the audio PC?

Next step would be to set the stream.converter and stream.transcode parameters but I am stuck a step before that :-((

Thank you in advance!
Simone
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Install MinimStreamer on Windows 2016 Core - no network - simorag - 22-08-2017 13:09