Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing DISCSUBTITLE tag
28-06-2017, 12:57
RE: Editing DISCSUBTITLE tag
(28-06-2017 11:23)DavidHB Wrote:  If there is a DISCSUBTITLE tag in the file, MP3Tag will be able to read it. It will not, however, show it on the tag panel, unless you configure the panel display (Tools > Options > Tag Panel) to do so.

Many thanks for that. Entered a new field in that dialogue

To check whether the tag is present, use the View > Extended Tags (shortcut ALT-T) dialog, with at least one file selected. You can use this dialog to add or edit tags in single or multiple files.

Yes, that worked and I can see them when they are present. These seem to been added by one of the "helpful" library checkers I installed.

What are the DISCSUBTITLE errors you are getting? If you are going to use DISCSUBTITLE, as with 'DISC nn' numbering, all the tracks on any given disc in the multi-disc album must have the same subtitle. Likewise, I believe (and would in any case strongly recommend) that, if subtitles are used, they should be used in every disc/track in the album.

They are only present on some tracks of a 3 disc Led Zeppelin set. I will go through and eliminate all of the occurrences.
Error was ... Warning ignored conflicting DISCSUBTITLE value How the West Was Won D3 in file 18 Bring it on Home etc etc

David

many thanks for the tutorial.
Not a serious problem but annoying.
Gary.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Editing DISCSUBTITLE tag - Tassie Devil - 28-06-2017 12:57