Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on Transition from Twonky
24-08-2012, 14:30
RE: Question on Transition from Twonky
(11-08-2012 22:23)andreas Wrote:  
(09-08-2012 00:36)Budgie Wrote:  To avoid the above disaster is there any reason why I should not set up and run Twonky my original NAS a Qnap TS 209 Pro II, which holds the backup music data set, while I experiment with MinimServer on the other, or vice versa? Are there any Gotchas having two media servers on the same subnet? Grateful for any thoughts before I take the plunge.
You can run several media servers on the same LAN or even on the same server. I run both Twonky 6.0.39 and MinimServer 0.52 on my Qnap TS-419P+.

Hi all,
Just to let you know I have set up Minimserver on the Qnap TS 209 and I think it is great. Installation instructions perfect in every way and went like a dream after I had turned off all my add-ons in Firefox which mess up the Java download preliminaries.

I prefer Minimserver to Twonky but will need to read again Briain's messages on Genres as I have a few multiple genres set up for Twonky. Minimserver certainly shows up any inconsistencies in tagging so I still have much work to do with classical collection but
overall a big thank you to Simon.
Budgie
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question on Transition from Twonky - Budgie - 24-08-2012 14:30