Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browse entire collection of album art by artist
01-02-2019, 14:52
Browse entire collection of album art by artist
Apologies if this seems like a MinimServer 101 question, but I can't work it out...

On the Naim forum I asked how I could browse my music collection as if it were a record shop, but I now realise that isn't exactly what I was hoping to achieve. The above title is more accurate - I want to see a list (or grid) of all my album art sorted alphabetically by artist and where there are multiple albums by the same artist, see all of these album art grouped together.

I use the Naim app and MinimSever on a Synology NAS, mostly on an Android device but can use iOS if needed. I guess the answer will lay in the configuring one or more of these, so that overall result is achieved.

My experimentation to date has led me to change the tagOptions property from Album.sortTags=(Album,Artist) to Album.sortTags=(Artist,Album). This was mostly successful, in my “n albums” folder, and if I don’t use the A-Z option, I now see my music grouped by artist and album within artist. The only trouble is the album name appears in bold instead of the artist name. Can I achieve my ideal goal of a list of album art sorted alphabetically by artist, ideally showing the artist as the primary sort key (like in a record shop)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2019, 15:08
RE: Browse entire collection of album art by artist
The Artist index should do what you want except that this index doesn't show album art. Please try this and let me know how close this comes to what you want.
02-02-2019, 16:33
Simon, thanks for your uber-quick reply but the lack of album art on the artist index makes it a non-starter - the visual presentation is important to me.
02-02-2019, 16:55
I understand that. Would the Artist index provide the grouping and titles that you want if album art were showing?
02-02-2019, 17:09
Hi Simon, it would go some of the way to achieving what I am looking for.
My utopia is to have a single list of all the albums in my collection which shows the full album art, in alphabetical order of the artist, grouped by A-Z, and sequenced by release date where an artist has multiple albums. The name of the album is a distant second to the artist name.