Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NAIM app problems
02-01-2019, 19:07
NAIM app problems
I am having problems with multi-disc albums and the NAIM app.

In the Control Points section of the user guide, it says that "The Naim app has a default sort order setting of A to Z. You need to disable this setting to prevent ordering problems with multi-disc albums."

I am unable to find any way of doing this - can anyone offer any help on this?

I assume by NAIM app, the iOS app on my ipad is meant, rather than the software on my NAIM Uniti.

I am sure I read somewhere about some cache on the Uniti becoming corrupt and needing the cache clearing, but I cannot find the reference, so I cannot try this either.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2019, 20:35
RE: NAIM app problems
Just touch the A-Z button in the app user interface to toggle the A-Z setting between off and on.
02-01-2019, 22:19 (This post was last modified: 02-01-2019 22:20 by BlueDog.)
(02-01-2019 19:07)stablesgh Wrote:  I am sure I read somewhere about some cache on the Uniti becoming corrupt and needing the cache clearing, but I cannot find the reference, so I cannot try this either.

Go to Settings->Input settings->UPnP in the Naim app, the clear UPnP cache is in there if you need it.
03-01-2019, 16:11
Thank you very much, both of you!

It is not long since I cleared the cache, so that was not the problem.

The A-Z trick seems to have solved my problem, though.

It is a pity that NAIM cannot provide a user guide for the app, but their response seems to be that it is so straightforward to use that one is not needed.