Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Displaying the same album across multiple box sets
15-11-2018, 22:54
RE: Displaying the same album across multiple box sets
If both a multidisc album and a single-disc album with the same name and artist/albumartist exist in different folders, the single disc is assumed to be part of the multidisc album.

I'm glad you are able to use match filters to achieve the results you want.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2019, 11:32
I was never comfortable with having to rename the folders in order to separate the albums, so I ended up creating a new tag in foobar called UNIQID composed of $crc32(%album artist%$if($meta_test(boxtitle),%boxtitle%%album%,%album%%release%)%date%) which I then use in MinimServer as:

aliasTags: Album:inAlbum,UNIQID:Album
itemTags: inAlbum
tagFormat:Album.displayFormat={$inAlbum^^^$boxtitle^ (from the boxset ^)^$release^ (^)^}

However, what I'd really like if is the tagFormat took the first non null value from $boxtitle and $release so I could create something like:

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (from the box set The Beatles)
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (from the box set The Beatles In Mono)
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Super Deluxe Edition)

Is this possible?
24-01-2019, 19:23
I can't think of any way to make tag formatting include/exclude a tag value based on the presence/absence of another tag value.
31-01-2019, 10:14
I was going to go down the route of asking to support m-TAGS (http://www.m-tags.org/Overview.html) which would solve all the complexities of having a different navigation and storage philosophy, but I see this was asked back in 2015, so I was just curious on your thoughts of:

- processing album groupings after .displayFormat
- implementing a coalesce function in the display formatting

I had to ask :-)

Thanks anyway
31-01-2019, 11:30
Display formatting modifies what is sent to the control as DIDL-lite metadata in response to a UPnP Browse or Search request (apologies for technical jargon). The formatted values are not retained by the server beyond the duration of the Browse or Search request and cannot be used for grouping or for anything affecting the structure of the browsing tree.