Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimWatch - grey
21-07-2018, 10:43 (This post was last modified: 21-07-2018 10:46 by rich_y.)
MinimWatch - grey
Morning,

firstly, love the system!

second, minimwatch is fully greyed out. 0.8-update-61
restarted a watch number of times.
rebooted the QNAP NAS firmware 4.3.3.0619
Media server status for MinimServer[QNAP-RICH]: Running
I can browse the media share via minimserver.

One error in the log:
Thread-10: exception from in.readLine: java.io.IOException: The handle is invalid

Log attached.

thanks, Rich

Attached File(s)
.txt  watchlog.txt (Size: 35.02 KB / Downloads: 5)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2018, 20:55 (This post was last modified: 21-07-2018 20:55 by simoncn.)
RE: MinimWatch - grey
The "handle is invalid" message is normal. The relevant messages are these:

Retrying monitor subscription for server at 192.168.1.107:9791 (attempt 1)
Retrying monitor subscription for server at 192.168.1.107:9791 (attempt 16)

These indicate that messages from MinimServer to MinimWatch are being blocked, probably by a firewall setting or antivirus program on the MinimWatch machine.
22-07-2018, 13:57
good point.

Windows10 update 1803. The FW blocks various Java based apps from accessing the local network.

All sorted now.
25-09-2018, 12:32
I was getting the 'Retrying' messages as well and began searching the forum for answers - there are a number of threads on the topic :-)
Unfortunately, all of the suggestions I found didn't resolve the issue on my network. Finally discovered what was going on. For some reason, Windows 10 had flipped my network profile from 'Private' to 'Public'. The firewall was set to only allow Java connections on 'Private' so was blocking MinimServer's messages back to MinimWatch. As soon as I flipped the profile back to 'Private', MinimWatch started communicating with MinimServer again.

Just something else to check if other people run into this situation.

Cheers
05-10-2018, 09:35
(25-09-2018 12:32)MikeK Wrote:  I was getting the 'Retrying' messages as well and began searching the forum for answers - there are a number of threads on the topic :-)
Unfortunately, all of the suggestions I found didn't resolve the issue on my network. Finally discovered what was going on. For some reason, Windows 10 had flipped my network profile from 'Private' to 'Public'. The firewall was set to only allow Java connections on 'Private' so was blocking MinimServer's messages back to MinimWatch. As soon as I flipped the profile back to 'Private', MinimWatch started communicating with MinimServer again.

Just something else to check if other people run into this situation.

Cheers
I upgraded QNAP to firmware 4.3.5 and minimserver behaves strange since then. It crashes every morning (at system startup). I have to stop/start it manually. Therefore I installed minimwatch to observe minimserver. But minimwatch remained gray with a lot of attempts to log on to minimserver.....
Minimwatch runs again after the public->home setting on the network you suggested.
Thanks for that tip.
15-11-2020, 15:02
(25-09-2018 12:32)MikeK Wrote:  The firewall was set to only allow Java connections on 'Private' so was blocking MinimServer's messages back to MinimWatch. As soon as I flipped the profile back to 'Private', MinimWatch started communicating with MinimServer again.
Thanks, that was the problem I was having as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user