Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver visibility highly instable
23-06-2018, 20:18 (This post was last modified: 23-06-2018 20:33 by lyapounov.)
Minimserver visibility highly instable
Hello

I have a weird configuration : there is a primary router connected to the Internet, to which I don't have access (my landlord), and another router in my appartment which acts as a repeater of the first one. Both are connected via Wifi.

Connected by ethernet to this second router are the synology, and the network player (a sneaky). The synology has minimserver on it. Wireless connections are to the primary router. DHCP is done by the primary router as well.

Both routers are ASUS RT-AC 1900P.

Here is what happens : sometimes, minimserver and the senaky becomes inaccessible. What is strange is that I can still connect to the synology on its IP adress, and when I launch minimser from the synology, it shows its status. But the icon of minimwatch remains grey. Then they sometimes reappear, without me understanding why.

Now, if I connect to the wifi of the second router, both synology and sneaky are always visible. Even weird : once I start playing (launched with Lumin App on the wifi of the second router) then both sneaky and minimserver are visible again on the primary wifi network.

How can I debug this ?

Thx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2018, 21:54
RE: Minimserver visibility highly instable
This might be related to the issue described in this post. If not, it sounds like some other issue with the router firmware.
26-06-2018, 22:56
RE: Minimserver visibility highly instable
(23-06-2018 21:54)simoncn Wrote:  This might be related to the issue described in this post. If not, it sounds like some other issue with the router firmware.

It looks like. Though I don't have this xbox option.

The only way to solve is to unplug / replug the Asus

Thx Simon !